The only way to guarantee a safe shipping process for your car’s travels from the U.S. to Sierra Leone is by purchasing transport services from a reliable company.
They should have years of experience in the industry of international auto transport. Not only do you need them for their ships and durable shipping equipment, but you will find their knowledge of foreign import laws extremely accommodating.
The cost of shipping a car through professional transport services is reasonable. The service rates are kept low so that anyone seeking auto transport can have their car shipped the right way regardless of their financial status. Unfortunately, the cost of transport services is lesser in cost than the amount you must pay in import taxes before the car ships to Sierra Leone and allowed to cross the border. Expect to pay other small costs too, especially if the country demands proof of passed inspections.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Sierra Leone’s Import Tax Rates
The import rates for Sierra Leone aren’t too high when compared to the rates other countries have set. Of course, the price you pay in taxes can’t be calculated without a little information from the shipping customer first.
What Affects the Import Rates?
- Size in Cubic Centimeters.
Sierra Leone has six tariff bands. These are set at 0%, 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, and 30%. Pay any demanded taxes and duties a couple weeks before the transport. Give the Customs department the receipt as proof. Bring all other requested documents with the proof of payment to earn a certificate of import approval. If you have any questions about the import taxes and duties call the Sierra Leone Embassy.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?