Know How Long Does It Take to Ship a Car to Germany
For the an easy and well-organized shipping process, it is best to stay on top of everything and to schedule the transport months ahead of time. There will be a lot involved in the process to shipping a car to Germany. Your transport company will help you with the process, even making sure that you obtain the proof required by Customs. This preparation may take some time to accomplish. It is recommended that those interested in shipping an automobile to another country call a transport company to book services 2 months before you’d like the car to be shipped out of the USA for its home in Germany.
Prepare Your Car for Overseas Transport to Assure a Fast and Safe Delivery
Get your car ready for its transport to Germany at least a week before the shipping date is scheduled. Fulfilling the responsibilities of preparing the car will ensure its timely and safe delivery. It was also help protect those caring for the vehicle’s transport safe from injury.
- Clean all dirt and debris from the inside and outside of the vehicle. You want the car to be in its best possible condition for its transport.
- The gas tank should read ¼ full or less. This assures the safety of the vehicle and those delivering it.
- All fluids other than the fuel should be topped off. The tire pressure should also be checked.
- Alarm systems should be disabled before the transport. If you choose certain methods of transport, you may also be asked to disconnect the battery.
- Document any damages that already exist on the vehicle. Snap pictures of the inside and outside of the automobile so you can refer to these notes after the delivery.
If you prepare the car properly for transport, your vehicle is put at much less risk, especially during a transport as long as the one it is about to go on. Ship your car to Germany safely and give A1 Auto Transport a call today!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.