- When Do You Need Heavy-Duty Haul Services?
- How Much Do Heavy-Duty Haul Services Cost?
- What Type of Insurance Do You Need for a Heavy-Duty Haul?
- A-1 Auto Transport Is at Your Service
Shipping equipment that goes beyond the standard guidelines will always require special consideration, from handling to route planning, and even the type of expertise you need to ensure the job is a complete success.
As a result, it becomes much more important to choose the right heavy-duty haul services and work with a company that can rise to the occasion. This choice can make a world of difference regarding the safety of your assets during hauling.
When Do You Need Heavy-Duty Haul Services?
Heavy-duty refers to a shipment that has cargo that is larger and wider and the standard legal guidelines. As a result, if your load has a bigger width, height, and length than the standard guidelines, you’ll therefore need to choose the trucking company that can accommodate those particular needs.
Heavy-duty hauling services require:
- The right truck
- Special permits, which can differ from state to state
- A fully trained team specializing in heavy-duty hauling
- The right insurance to protect your assets
So if you're looking to transport any large-scale construction materials, industrial equipment, or even military equipment, heavy-duty haul service is specifically designed to accommodate you.
How Much Do Heavy-Duty Haul Services Cost?
Shipping services prices can vary greatly across the entire industry. The reason is that prices can fluctuate based on a lot of different factors.
For heavy-duty haul services, in particular, these factors can be:
- Shipping Timeline - If you need heavy-duty hauling services quickly, meaning you have a strict deadline by which you want your equipment to arrive, then you will likely need to pay a higher rate for it;
- Special Requirements - If your heavy equipment needs some special considerations, this can also influence the price as the team will need to prepare special materials or even choose a different truck to accommodate you;
- Type of Equipment - Specifically, the proportions of the machinery can affect the shipping rate;
- Shipping Location - Shipping to remote areas is more expensive because the shipping companies don't have easy access to this area. As a result, they need to put more effort into delivering your equipment;
- Shipping Season - Summer months are more expensive to ship because the demand is at its highest. If you can manage it, consider shipping your equipment during the winter instead.
What Type of Insurance Do You Need for a Heavy-Duty Haul?
Companies handling heavy-duty hauling services are legally required to have insurance in order to protect the cargo they transport. Most likely, the issue of no insurance will not come up as you research different companies to handle your needs.
However, it is possible for the type of coverage the company offers to not cover the full value of your heavy equipment. It generally depends on how much your equipment costs compared to the federal minimums.
Of course, you still have options. For one thing, you can buy additional insurance from a third party which will protect your equipment during transport, although if you have a tight budget you will have to factor in this expense as well.
But shipping companies offer different coverages. When you’re looking for one, be sure to ask about their insurance so you know if you’re fully protected or not.
A-1 Auto Transport Is at Your Service
If you’re looking for a reputable team with the right experience to handle your heavy-duty hauling needs, look no further than A-1 Auto Transport.
We are one of the most trusted shipping companies in the business, having successfully shipped many heavy and oversized pieces of equipment all over the country.
If you want to learn more about our services and how we can help, our friendly customer services team is at your disposal. Call us now at 1-888-230-6512!
Also, use our calculator to get a free estimate online.