Elk Grove Motorcycle Shipping
Safe And Reliable Elk Grove Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Moving is one of the most dreaded activities because of the uncertainties involved in the entire process. You have to find a new home that’s big enough, strategically placed, affordable and as if that’s not enough, you have to worry about how you are going to get everything in your new home.
If you own a motorcycle and you find yourself in this situation when planning a move within Elk Grove, you will be happy to hear about our motorcycle shipping services in California. Even if you are moving from a different country, we will get the bike safely to your new home.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
To ensure that everyone gets something that works for their particular needs, we have a number of methods that we use to ship motorcycles. Here they are:
- The first one, which also happens to be one of our cheapest shipping methods, is the open air motorcycle transport. The bikes are loaded and secured to an open truck, where they are transported to their destinations.
- Another option is the enclosed shipping which is basically the same thing as open air transport except that this time the motorcycles are transported in an enclosed truck hence they are not left exposed to rain, snow or dust.
- You can also choose crated shipping where your motorcycle is fastened and secured in a wooden crate and transported as a box, rather than as a motorcycle.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Here are some things you will need to do to make the process easier for you.
- Give it a thorough cleaning then inspect it for any external defects. If you can get high resolution photographs of the bike from all sides, your work will be easier when the time comes for collection.
- Ensure that none of the tires has a slow puncture and make sure that they are all inflated. A tire with a slow puncture could cause the tie-down strips to become loose over time as it deflates.
- For those using crated or enclosed shipping, drain all fluids and ensure the fuel level is only a quarter of the tank’s capacity. Disconnect the battery to reduce the risk of fire.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Choosing a motorcycle moving company is not an easy process. The wide range of options online doesn’t make it any easier. Here are a number of things to look out for when picking a company to work with:
- Make sure the company is licensed and registered to offer motorcycle shipping services. There is a nice tool here that you can use to run a search using the company’s DOT number.
- Ask about their cargo insurance cover. Make sure you understand the risks you are covered against and if you can get additional protection if it doesn’t sound satisfactory.
- Ensure that the company has the right loading, fastening and off-loading equipment.
- It’s a good idea to see what past customers had to say about the company’s services. You can check websites such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau or the US Department of Transportation.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the names that stand out in the motorcycle shipping industry in Elk Grove and the greater California. Here are the top reasons why you should choose to work with us:
- We have met all the legal and statutory requirements for offering these services in Elk Grove.
- Our personnel will come armed with modern equipment to ensure that your bike is safe and that you get the best value for your money.
- You will also get peace of mind knowing that our cargo insurance policy covers your bike when it is in our hands.
Our Elk Grove motorcycle shipping services
At A-1 Auto Transport, we take pride in having one of the most straightforward motorcycle shipping processes. The services available from us include:
- Door to door motorcycle transport where we send a driver to your house to collect the bike, and it is delivered to any address you provide in any part of the country.
- You can also choose to go with our affordable open air motorcycle shipping option.
- You can also combine safety and affordability by going with the enclosed shipping option.
- Finally, we have crated motorcycle shipping where your motorcycle is kept in a wooden crate, secured and transported in a compact package with minimal movements.
Talk to us!
Reach out to us using the contact details here or give your details on the form at the top of this page and let us move your bike!