Cost for Shipping an Automobile 450 Miles
There are many factors that determine the cost of shipping your car. However, the cost of auto transport services is actually very cost efficient and affordable in comparison to alternative methods of delivery. Based on the information you provide to the shipping company, they’ll be able to give you a rough estimate on what the cost of your car’s transport will total to.
It’s necessary to provide the transport company with the requested information before you can truly receive a quote for shipping services. Below, you’ll find some of the information you’ll likely need to tell the transport company.
- The addresses to the pickup location and drop off location, so they can calculate the miles it’ll take to travel between the two places
- The car’s make and model
- The current condition of the car and any modifications it might have
- The shipping services you would like to purchase or how you would like the car delivered
Aside from the information asked from you, the transport company will take other details into consideration while coming up with your cost for the transport. The time of year, price of fuel, and the cost of miles will all affect your total cost for shipping services. Presently, automobile shipping cost per mile is around $2, but may increase as you get towards the East Coast. This cost changes frequently and is different with each auto shipping company. For a 450 mile transport, it is likely the transport company will give you a set rate much lower than you’d expect since it is such a short length of travel.
Ask About Insurance and Discounts
All licensed transport companies are required to carry insurance coverage by federal law. They are only held responsible for carrying the minimal amount of insurance so always ask what is included. If you wish for more coverage to protect the entire value of your vehicle, ask if you can purchase additional insurance through them.
Always ask the auto transport company you hire if they offer any discounts you might qualify for. Students, military personnel and even senior citizens can take advantage of these discounts if they’re offered through the transporter. Some transport companies will have times of the year where they lower their rates due to cold weather or behavior of the season.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?