If you have to ship a car to Iraq from the U.S., you must fulfill the requirements set by Iraq in their auto import policy. This means that the vehicle must meet the country’s restrictions and all import taxes must be paid. Believe it or not, Iraq’s shipping regulations are not as strict as many other countries.
They only have one specific law that might cause some issues. Iraq doesn’t allow any unarmored vehicles less than 2 years old to be imported from abroad.
Trying to understand foreign laws is difficult for anyone, especially for those who have never had to deal with them for any reason. That is why overseas transporters train their employees to help their customers comply with the regulations set by Iraq and all other countries. Even though you have the transporter’s vast knowledge of overseas auto import, you should contact the Embassy of Iraq to learn about the latest import laws in place. These laws, as well as the import duty rates, can change at any time.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Documentation Needed for Import Approval.
- Proof of Ownership.
- License and Passport.
- Proof of Purchase.
- Title and Registration.
- Proof of Paid Import Duties.
- Certificate of Conformity.
- Proof of Passed Inspections.
You may be asked to provide Customs with other information as well before you can ship your car to Iraq. Let the transport company help you find all of the necessary documents so that you can gain approval for the car’s import.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?