Tips for People Buying Cars Overseas and Shipping them to U.S.
Car buying is a tenuous process no matter where you go seeking a deal. Many people will drive tens or even hundreds of miles to find a great deal on the vehicle of their dreams. However, there are those looking for a car so perfect for their particular needs, that they will go thousands of miles – sometimes halfway around the world – to get their dream machine. There are definitely deals to be had for those purchasing vehicles in other areas of the world. The trickiest part of this process is finding a way to get the vehicle back home.
This is where auto shipping can provide the answer. Auto shipping internationally offers car buyers the opportunity to find the best deal no matter where it is the world. The shipping company will deal with all of the logistics of getting the vehicle from Point A to B, without stress incurred on behalf of the customer.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
With this in mind, consider a few tips on purchasing a vehicle overseas:
- Make sure to deal with a reputable seller: In other words, overseas transactions may not be the place to seek out a Craigslist buy. Rather, look for established dealers or sellers that can be verified before purchasing airfare to get to the vehicle.
- Test drive the car: Many people would like to have the convenience of seeing the car via pictures, conversing about it online or via phone, making the payment and then booking auto shipping so the car appears in the driveway. This is the WORST way to purchase a vehicle overseas. Test driving the vehicle before purchase might be more of a hassle considering the travel involved, but it is the ONLY way to avoid being ripped off for a lemon.
- Don’t put all of your eggs in one trunk: In other words, if you’re looking for an overseas deal, then shop around. Make the process – and the result – well worth your child. After all, finding and securing the vehicle is the hardest part. Shipping it back is easy with the right auto transport company.
- File the appropriate paperwork: Even if you have your personal travel documents in order, you still have to fill out the appropriate paperwork for the sale given that it was conducted overseas. You will have to claim the vehicle and pay a duty on it when the vehicle enters the country, so work closely with your auto transport company ahead of time to ensure that you’ve taken care of any fees and paperwork before shipping.
Finding a deal on a vehicle overseas can net a sweet ride that perhaps cannot be found for the same price in the U.S. However, before embarking on this process, be sure that you are aware of all that it entails to avoid getting ensnared in a customs nightmare. Additionally, take the time to research in advance to avoid being scammed by an international seller who is not reputable and sells you little more than a heap of junky metal.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?