The Process Of Registering A Vehicle In Anegada
Anegada is part of the British Virgin Islands and its vehicle import and registration policies are regulated by the government of the British Virgin Islands. As a result, much of the information you find here will also hold true for the other islands that make up the archipelago such as Tortola and Virgin Gorda.
Since Anegada is an island, there can be some difficulties in finding an appropriate shipping company that will deliver to the area. There are plenty of international vehicle shippers around, but not all of them can accommodate a destination that is not part of a continental mainland.
A-1 Auto Transport is one such company that can arrange for delivery to the area and you can find out more information about our international shipping process, rates, and discounts in Anegada by clicking here.
- Complete the vehicle registration form
- Present the form to licensing officer for verification of vehicle weight
- Cashier must approve registration, ownership documents, & register license plates (cost is $10 to register, $35 to register and get license plates)
- Pay accounts office the curb weight fee
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Obtaining A Driver’s License
If you plan on driving in Anegada, you will need to get a local license, which will allow to drive for three months. You must submit a valid license from your country of residence in order to qualify for a license in Anegada. If you are unable to present a valid license, you’ll have to take the appropriate tests to qualify.
If you are establishing residence in Anegada on a permanent basis, you will need to get a license from the British Virgin Islands. As long as you have a valid license from another country, this process is relatively straightforward. Persons aged 70 or older must take a written test and submit a current medical report (no more than six months old) from a physician.
Anegada Vehicle Registration: Other Considerations
There are some differences when it comes to driving on Anegada that you should be aware of before shipping a vehicle to the area. Unlike the United States, drivers on Anegada drive on the left side of the road. The hand signals used by drivers are also slightly different and, though no longer required by law, it’s a good idea to get familiar with them before driving in the area.
Helpful Links For Anegada Vehicle Registration
Department of Motor Vehicles – The British Virgin Islands DMV website has a wealth of information about driving on Anegada, as well as important departments and contact information you’ll need.
Driver License & Registration Info – A helpful article that details how to obtain a license, the test involved in the process, passing vehicle inspection, and getting local insurance.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory