Hiring motorcycle transport is possibly the smartest decision you could make when you need to have a bike relocated to another state without increasing the mileage and maintaining its current condition.
These services make it possible for dealers and manufacturers all over the world to deliver their inventory without worry. That is why vehicle transport is available to anyone and everyone living in beautiful Winchester, Virginia
Tips to Follow to get the Most out of Your Shipping Experience.
- The transport services should include various means of transport to choose from.
- Ask the transport company about the route they plan on taking and how long it will take to get the bike delivered safely. Customer service should be friendly, helpful and experienced.
- The company should uphold good reviews and ratings on the Internet.
- Insurance for the shipping process should be available.
- Ask the transporter if they carry the proper state licensing and DOT approval.
- Don’t ever give money upfront for services. This could very well lead to disaster if you fall victim to a con artist.
- The transport company should have an easy to navigate website full of information, including accurate contact information.
Make Sure the Motorcycle Is Ready for Delivery.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is clean from all dirt and debris.
- Take off any loose items on the bike. Anything unnecessary should also be removed.
- Have the bike inspected for existing damage. Take notes and pictures.
- Check the gas. Make sure the tank is n more than ¼ full.
- Check fluids, battery and tire pressure.
When all of the requirements are fulfilled the likelihood of harm occurring to the vehicle or those involved in the shipping process is lesser. It also prepares the bike as necessary for a successful shipping process.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.