Wilmington NC Motorcycle Shipping
Shipping a motorcycle out of the City of Wilmington can be done quite simply and at a very reasonable cost. All around the populous city, transport companies are situated, offering a variety of services and features to those in need. Some will only sell very specific services to their clients, while others will try to open their services up to any vehicle type. Therefore, make sure that as you are searching for a reputable transport company, you inquire about motorcycle shipping services.
As you prepare for the big shipping day, there are certain matters that you will want to make sure you address before the bike is secured to that hauler. In fact, most transport companies will even have a list of preparation requirements that they would like all of their customers to fulfill. Fulfilling these requirements will only assure the safety of the bike and all of those caring for it during the shipping process.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Motorcycle Preparation for Shipping Day.
- Check all fluids in the bike. Top the fluids off and make sure the tire pressure is also on point.
- The fuel tank should be no more than a ¼ full.
- Take off any items that weren’t originally manufactured with the motorcycle. Any loose items risk being lost or damaged. For example, saddlebags should not be attached to the bike during the shipping process.
- Remove anything specific asked of you. For instance, if you chose crated shipping services, you may be asked to remove the handlebars.
- Disable the alarm system and if asked, disconnect the battery as well.
- Clean the bike and make sure it has absolutely no dirt or debris.
- Write down any damages that the bike already suffers from. Taking pictures is also very helpful.