In short, an auto carrier owns and operates its own fleet whereas a broker contracts out the auto transport to an auto carrier.
With a fleet of over 40 car shipping vehicles, A-1 Auto Transport is an auto carrier servicing the United States and abroad. Considering shipping your car? Get a car shipping instant quote with A-1 Auto Transport now.
Who owns the car haulers?
A broker does not own any automobile transport trucks. What Brokers typically do is take a deposit for your auto transport and then utilize a network of trucking contacts in the auto shipping business to try to move your car for the price they promise you. While the price they typically offer you is low compared to an auto shipper like A-1 Auto Transport they often can’t move your car in a timely fashion, or often for the price they promise.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Brokers usually charge a non-refundable deposit, which they keep for their commission when arranging for your auto shipping. At A-1 Auto Transport we offer access to a full refund if we haven’t moved your car within our Service Window (a set time frame).
One easy way to tell if someone is a broker or an auto carrier is to ask them for their Department of Transportation (DOT) number. DOT Numbers are assigned to trucking companies, including ones specializing in auto shipping like A-1 Transport. You can then look up the DOT number with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) at this website: http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx
A-1 Auto Transport’s DOT number is 690117
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory