Are You Looking for a Reliable and Cheap Salvage RV Transport?
Typical Shipping Prices- How Much Does It Cost?
- The cost for a salvaged RV transport anywhere in the U.S. is typically from $1000 to $10000.
- To get quoted more precise rates, make sure the distance between locations and the description you give of the RV are honest. The services you choose and the difficulties presented by the transport are also considered.
Compare the prices and services of each salvage RV transport company you find interest in. As a customer you want to receive the lowest shipping rates, but don’t let the price stop you from hiring the right company for the delivery of the vehicle. Make sure they have services that you’re comfortable with. You should call by phone so that you can describe the condition of the RV to the customer service rep. This will make it easier for them to plan out the transport correctly and to provide you with a more honest quote.
The rates you receive from the transport companies you call depends on several things. Without submitting certain details to the transporter, receiving an honest price for the transport is impossible. The information needed by the transporter is usually the same between each company. A salvaged RV can cost several thousand dollars to ship elsewhere in the nation.
What Factors Affect My Estimated Rate?
- The RV’s specifications such as the model, age, weight and condition
- The amount of miles between the pickup and drop off location
- The salvaged RV transport services you choose for the job
- Whether or not other items are being shipped along with the RV
- The time of year you’re buying the shipping services
- Average fuel prices at the time of the transport
Be as detailed as possible when you call in for a quote. You can make use of the online calculator but you’re unlikely to receive an accurate rate this way, especially if you’re shipping a salvaged vehicle. Calling in allows you to give more information regarding the RV and its condition. It gives the transporter the opportunity to ask you questions as much as it enables you to ask any questions that you might have.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.