Having to transport a bike from Waukee to another location can be done easily with the right auto transport company. By knowing what to look for and what qualifies a transport company as dependable and professional, you will find a company fits for the job.
They should also have experience, particularly with shipping motorcycles.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Qualities of a Reliable Transport Company.
- Proper licensing and approvals.
- Insurance coverage.
- A variety of services to choose from.
- The latest shipping equipment and haulers.
- An informative website.
- Positive reviews and ratings online.
- Low down payments, if any at all.
Never go with a shipping company that asks for a large down payment or that isn’t approved by the Department of Transport. There are scam artists out there that will try anything they can just to get your money. Make sure that after you have narrowed your results down to a few selected transport companies, that you call each one and ask questions.
How Does the Process of Shipping Work?
After scheduling the date for the bike to be picked up or dropped off to begin its expedition to its new home, start preparing the vehicle. Remove all unnecessary items and clean off the bike. The key is to keep the weight of the bike down as much as possible. This is why the transport company also asks that the gas tank be no more than a quarter of a tank full.
When your motorcycle’s prepared and the day arrives for it to ship, make sure that you give the keys to the driver. Also, you should have created a list of all existing damages such as scratches and dents. You can use that as a reference when you inspect the bike again after its journey. Gather the driver’s contact information, just in case you must get a hold of them while they’re out for delivery.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?