Enclosed auto transport is one of the safest ways to ship a car. It protects the car from poor weather conditions, damage caused while being on the road, and vandalism. Fortunately, this car shipping service is affordable and could benefit you in many ways.
Living in the USA, it’s easy to find a great transport company to trust with the delivery of your vehicle and enclosed shipping services are offered by most of them.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click Here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Although enclosed shipping isn’t the cheapest option, it is still quite affordable. It provides more protection for the car and extra space for the customer to ship over other belongings. There are various container sizes to choose from. The transporter will help you choose an appropriate size based on the information you gave them.
How You’ll Benefit from Enclosed Transport Solutions.
- Container shipping is cost efficient and affordable.
- If you don’t need all the space provided in the shipping container, you can share the transport service with another person interested in shipping to the same location. This lessens the cost.
- Your car is protected from outside harm. It is at less likely to become damaged or vandalized.
- You can ship other household items with the vehicle. Pack all items properly and fit them in the car and the rest of the space within the shipping container.
- There is less preparation for a vehicle being shipped through enclosed transport.
Preparing for Enclosed Transport
- Wash the outside of the vehicle and clean out the inside. Make sure there aren’t any unnecessary or heavy items in the car. The excess weight increases the shipping costs.
- Check the fluids and make sure they’re topped off. The only fluid that should remain untouched is the gas. The fuel tank should read a quarter of a tank or less for safety reasons.
- Have all other belongings packaged properly and ready to go on the day of transport.
- Inspect the car for damages and take pictures. Use the pictures as a reference when you look over the vehicle after it arrives at its destination.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.