If you live in a very rural area and are in need of auto transport, the logistics of your location will require some extra effort in order for your vehicle to be transported. Not being located in a city or a close suburban area means that the process will take a bit longer, but if you check out the following overview, it’ll be as painless of a process as possible
One of the first things to be aware of when deciding to transport your vehicle from a rural area is that you will need to plan ahead. Normally, if you live in a city or in a suburban area, an auto transport carrier could easily come and pick up your vehicle if you choose door-to-door shipping. But being in a rural area means that you’re out of the way.
Since you’re not on a common shipping route, the auto transport carrier will have to go to your area specifically to pick up your vehicle. If you live in an highly rural area that’s far away from a major population center, the auto transport carrier may not be able to come as quickly as they normally would. If you live up in the mountains, it may not be possible at all. That’s why it’s important to plan ahead if you’re in a rush, since the shipping time will take longer.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Cost Will Be Higher.
You should also know that it’ll cost more than shipping your vehicle from a more populated area. Auto transport carriers tend to operate in terms of common shipping routes. If you’re far away from a highway, for example, they’ll have to go out of their way to come pick up your vehicle. The cost will ultimately be higher because the carrier has to factor in:
- The extra cost of fuel;
- Not being able to transport multiple vehicles at once;
- The extra travel time of not sticking to their normal shipping routes.
Being able to stick to major shipping routes means that a carrier will be able to schedule their pickups and drop-offs easier and to transport multiple vehicles at once in order to save on costs.
How You Can Help.
There are also some things that you can do to help out the process. If your car is operable and you’re able to have someone follow you, you can drop off your vehicle at an agreed-upon location for the carrier to pick up. This will not only speed up the actual shipping time, but it’ll also save you on costs. You will most likely have to drive your car closer to the nearest city or major suburb, such as just off of the highway.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ll do our best to work with you on transporting your vehicle from a rural area. Our team of experts will be completely transparent on how the entire process works. Make sure to contact us today for your free quote!
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory