Thomaston Motorcycle Shipping
Safe And Reliable Thomaston Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
The need to transport motorcycles differs from one client to another. The owners choose to use hauling companies because of guaranteed safety. These shipping needs arise when:
- Severe weather cannot allow bikers to operate their rides.
- The biker is restricted by the physician not to operate a bike during medication.
- A bike owner sells off their two wheels but wants it to reach the recipient when it is clean and damage-free.
- The motorcycle must be shipped to the mechanic because it is inoperable.
- The bike owner wants to move to Thomaston with their entire family, but they opt to use other means as their primary mode of transport.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Haulage via air. Avoid delays when you ship bikes using our air method. However, the air freight charges are more expensive than in all other shipping methods.
- Haulage via rail. Shipping bikes by trains is another great method that bike owners can use when they want to avoid delays.
- Haulage via road. If you are moving bikes on land, you will find that road shipping is very convenient. The majority will use this method because the bikes can be delivered to their homes without having to switch methods.
- Haulage via water. This shipping method works best with the port-to-port alternative. You can reduce shipping fees when shipping bikes abroad if you live near a harbor.
- Just like the enclosed or crated shipping options, the motorcycles are protected from road debris and harsh climate.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
For a motorcycle shipment to be successful, proper preparations are compulsory. Follow this guide on how to get your bike ready for hauling to achieve a stress-free motorbike shipment.
- Washing every surface, part and joint on the motorcycles.
- Maintenance checks are a must for motorbikes before they are shipped. This is a simple activity that can be performed by a typical mechanic.
- Check if there are loose motorcycle accessories and remove them. If these are shipped on the motorcycle, they will get lost or damaged when the truck shakes.
- Fuel is used when the bike is being offloaded after delivery. However, this will need just a little amount. Lower the gas level to only a quarter of the tank.
- Check the level of pressure in the tires with the help of an electronic gauge. Pump in just the right amount if it is not enough.
- Assess the condition of your motorcycle and take note of any defects.
- Images are needed for more evidence. Take these using a quality camera.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Be sure to protect your motorcycle by using a shipper that has insured their shipping services. The insurance policy should cater for all damages caused during transport.
- Motorcycle hauling involves various procedures. The shipping company you want to hire should be transparent in all processes. Companies that hold information are capable of partaking in fraudulent activities.
- Pick a motorcycle hauling firm that has a wealth of experience. Their existence in the shipping industry should not be below 20 years. Handling motorcycles is delicate unlike handling cars, which is very easy. Therefore, bike shipping calls for great experience.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- We can prove that we are tried and tested by revealing the numerous awards scooped by the company and staff members in several galas. We have been shipping high-performance motorbikes for the world’s biggest bike manufacturers like BMW and Harley Davidson for many years.
- Safety of motorbikes is what we value most. To uphold international standards of motorbike safety, we have state-of-the-art machinery fitted in our trucks and the storage facilities.
- We ship motorcycles using a range of methods. When a customer comes to us, we explain to them about each method. They then make up their minds and revert to us. If making a choice seems hard, we can help them choose the ideal method.
Our Thomaston motorcycle shipping services
- Crated shipping service. The slatted crates we use are created to measure. A perimeter of protection left around the cargo prevents the bike from getting scratched.
- Open-air shipping service. The open trucks we use to move motorbikes can travel over long distances. However, during harsh weather, we use this method for short distances.
- Motor carrier insurance. We will cover the bikes in transit with premium insurance policies.
- The door to door transport service. Request to have the cargo delivered wherever you are if coming to our terminus is challenging.
- Enclosed shipping service. Motorcycles cannot be protected more than when we ship them in covered trucks.
Talk to us!
Our shipping agents will be delighted to guide you through the entire shipping process. Speak to them on the phone using our toll-free contact 1-800-452-2880.