Although it is the price of shipping services that most interested individuals are afraid of, it’s the cost of the import taxes and duties that tend to be expensive.
Not all countries carry high tax and duty rates, but the ones that do will charge as much as 200% of the car’s value. It all depends on the nation you are shipping the car to and the details of your transport.
Before you find a transporter to ship a car to Lebanon for you, find out more information in regards to the import laws and tax rates. This will only reassure that it is worth shipping the vehicle there from your home in the U.S. Luckily, Lebanon isn’t strict with their import policies nor do they charge astronomical amounts in import fees.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Lebanon’s Import Duty and Tax Rates Explained.
A vehicle being imported into the country from the United States is only allowed to enter after proof of compliance with the law is provided to the Customs office. Part of this proof is a receipt proving that you paid all import duties and tariffs off.
- You will have to pay a Customs duty that averages around 7.85% yet can range anywhere from 0-70%.
- Sales tax.
- Excise duty around 50%.
All taxes and duties are based on the CIF value in addition to other details. Call the Embassy of Lebanon to find out the latest tax rates. They can tell you exactly what you must pay as well as where to pay it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory