Whether you are moving out of Summersville, West Virginia or you need to ship a motorcycle to another place for someone else, consider having it transported through a reliable shipping company.
There are various methods to choose from and an abundance of transport companies in the area. Transporting a motorcycle is easier than you might think and it isn't all that expensive either.
As long as you take the time to find a company you feel is dependable, the shipping of your motorcycle should go along just fine. The company's priority is to get the bike to where it needs to go safely, without causing it any harm. Many companies even offer insurance options for the shipping process to help put your mind at ease.
Learn about the Most Common Shipping Services.
When it comes to transporting the motorcycle, there are plenty of options available. It is all a matter of preference and your budget. Some methods will cost more than others. Weigh out the options and contact a few companies to get quotes. Below, are the shipping options you will have to choose from.
- Enclosed Transport: A method of shipping where the motorcycle is placed safely inside a closed in trailer along with other vehicles. This is a favored method among motorcycle owners.
- Open Air Transport: A method of transport where the bike is placed on top of a flatbed trailer.
- Crated Transport: This is a method where the motorcycle is strapped to a wooden pallet and then placed inside a small container. The motorcycle will need to be drained of all fluids and the battery will need to be disconnected.
- Terminal to Terminal Transport: This is a service where the company requires the bike to be dropped off at an Essex terminal for transport. It is then taken to another terminal where it will need to be picked up.
- Door to Door Transport: This is a service where the company comes to pick the bike up from where it is located. It is then dropped of wherever it is needed to be delivered.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.