Sturgis 2015 – Everything You Need to Know
The folks over at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally have reached a historic landmark—this year marks the 75th anniversary of the biker pilgrimage in South Dakota. As most of you know, Sturgis is my absolute favorite event of the year, which is why I always write a blog about what to expect at the upcoming Rally. Below, you’ll find a list of the best parts of Sturgis 2015, including musical guests, top bars and restaurants, rides and cruises, races and competitions, parties, and more! Did I miss anything? We’ll keep updating this every few weeks to make sure you know exactly what’s goin’ down at Sturgis 2015!
Rides & Cruises
Sturgis isn’t all about the partying and boozing (plentiful as it may be). During the week, there are also some picturesque rides that will get you out in the country, exploring some of the most beautiful parts of this great nation. Here are a few ones to consider signing up for:
- Mayor’s Ride: Ready to ride with royalty? Well, you’ll have to settle for the mayor of Sturgis, but he’s a lot more fun! This is my favorite ride every year, not just because of the beautiful landscapes through the Black Hills—all proceeds go to the Sturgis Volunteer Fire Department, which is a great organization.
- Dakota Thunder Run: On August 4th, the Green Knights and Dakota Thunder Military Motorcycle Club will be leading a cruise up through Nemo, where food and refreshments will be waiting. The ride starts at the South Dakota Air and Space Museum, where attendees will have the opportunity to take a picture with a B-1B Lancer.
- BozBros Benefit Ride: Brothers Ben and Eric Bostrom, former AMA National Champions and World Superbike competitors, are hosting their 2nd annual benefit ride, with all benefits going to the Sturgis Rally Charities Foundation. Like last year, the Bostrom Brothers are keeping the exact ride itinerary a secret. What we do know is that the ride will end at the Sturgis City Park, where free beer and burgers will be waiting. That sounds alright with me!
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Concerts & Parties
Sturgis is basically one big party, and there are a few spots you can’t miss if you love closing down the bar:
- EasyRiders Saloon: If you’re looking for great food, awesome music, and even better people, you have to come out to a concert at the EasyRiders Saloon. This year, they’ll be hosting FREE concerts by some old and new bands including Hell’s Belles, Jared Weeks, Buckcherry, and Kyle Gass Band.
- Sturgis Buffalo Chip: Though EasyRiders has some great bands, nothing compares to the lineup that the Buffalo Chip hosts every year. This year, they’ll be hosting rock legends like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard, Dee Snider, and Alice Cooper. If you’re looking for good music, this is the place to be.
Races & Competitions
- Jackpine Gypsies Racing: During Sturgis 2015, the Jackpine Gypsies will be hosting 12 different racing events including motocross, hill climbs, road tours, and short track racing. They are excepting over 5,000 spectators and hundreds of racers. This is a great event for those who have a need for speed, as well as a healthy dose of generosity—all proceeds from the races go to area charities including the local food bank.
The sponsors of Sturgis 2015 are familiar ones (some who have been sponsoring from the beginning, 75 years ago!). They include household names like:
- Geico Motorcycle
These sponsors usually have great promotions going on during concerts and shows and all around town, so make sure to stop by wherever they have a presence.
One of the best ways to keep in touch with the latest news about Sturgis 2015 is on Social Media. You can find them on a Social Media site near you:
- Facebook: //www.facebook.com/sturgisrally
- Twitter: //twitter.com/sturgisrally
- YouTube: //www.youtube.com/channel/UC8AjkE4D6a367X1L5CFklaQ
- Pinterest: //www.pinterest.com/sturgisrally/
- Google+: //plus.google.com/108398505646570640550/posts