- Heavy Truck Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
- Shipping Heavy Trucks
- The Importance Of Insurance Coverage
- Heavy Truck Haulers And Shippers Near You
- How Much Will It Cost To Ship Heavy Trucks?
- Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Heavy Truck Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
Heavy Truck Hauling & Shipping | A-1 Auto Transport
If you have a heavy truck that’s needed at another job site and you need a transportation partner to move your truck, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. You can stop looking for “Heavy truck haulers and shippers near me.” You’ve found the best in the business!
Many heavy trucks that are used for things like mining, construction, and heavy industry are not road-worthy – and even those that can be legally driven on the road may have poor fuel economy, and the wear & tear of driving them long distances can lead to decreased reliability.
For those reasons, construction and industrial companies from all across the nation turn to heavy truck haulers and shippers like A-1 Auto Transport to get their trucks where they need to be. Our highly-qualified team specializes in moving heavy machinery, including trucks.
With reasonable rates, guaranteed delivery dates and a dedication to the safety of your valuable equipment, you can trust us to haul your heavy trucks – whether you need to get a truck to a nearby job site, or haul it all the way across the country.
Shipping Heavy Trucks
There are several methods of transport you may have to choose from when you are looking for services to transport your heavy trucks. In most situations, your best option is an open air method of transport. This is the least expensive and most cost efficient method of transporting heavy trucks and equipment. When an open air method is chosen, your heavy truck is secured to the top of a trailer when transporting by ground.
If transporting the heavy trucks to another country, a flatbed ship may be the vessel used to complete the delivery. Regardless of how you choose to ship, licensed and trained professionals will care for the vehicles the entire time, assuring their safety.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Heavy Equipment Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The Importance of Insurance Coverage
Whenever you hire a transport company for heavy truck shipping services, make sure they have an adequate amount of insurance coverage they provide during the transport. By law, all transport companies are required to carry the minimum insurance coverage. However, when shipping such valuable vehicles, it is better to have insurance coverage up to the full value of the truck.
Ask the transport company what is covered under their insurance policy. If they do not provide coverage up to the full value of your heavy trucks, ask them if they can provide additional insurance coverage at a cost. You may also want to contact your own insurance provider to see if your trucks are already covered by them during a transport.
Heavy Truck Haulers And Shippers Near You
Looking for “experienced heavy truck haulers and shippers near me?” You’ve come to the right place. A-1 Auto Transport has experience transporting trucks of all types, including heavy-duty specialized trucks. Some of the equipment we’ve transported in the past includes:
- Concrete transport trucks (cement mixers)
- Mobile cranes
- Garbage trucks
- Dump trucks
- Log carriers
- Refrigerated trucks
- Tractor units
- Tank trucks
We haul heavy trucks of all types, allowing you to simplify the logistics process, and making it easy for you to get the equipment you need to your job sites, industrial plants and other such facilities.
At A-1 Auto Transport, we offer reasonable rates with guaranteed deliveries for all of our heavy truck shipping services. We understand that delays in shipping your heavy trucks can lead to serious project setbacks – so we always ensure that your deliveries will be made on time.
How Much Will It Cost To Ship Heavy Trucks?
Since there is such a wide diversity of heavy trucks, there are quite a few different things to consider when determining the cost of shipping. Here are a few of the factors that typically influence the cost of shipping heavy trucks.
- Dimensions & size – The overall size and dimensions of a heavy truck have a major influence on the cost of shipping. Larger and bulkier trucks with unique dimensions will always cost more to ship than smaller vehicles.
- Weight – The weight of a heavy truck is an important factor when it comes to the cost of shipping. A semi-truck that weighs 10 tons, for example, will be much simpler and cheaper than a dump truck that weighs 30+ tons.
- Oversize load – In some cases, heavy trucks may be too large to be shipped on standard trailers, and must be shipped as oversize loads. This brings additional regulatory expenses for the required permits, as well as costs like hiring pilot cars and drivers to ship the truck.
- Distance of shipment – Naturally, the farther your shipment goes, the more you’ll pay. Shipping a heavy truck across the country will be much more expensive than a local or in-state shipment. What may be counter-intuitive, though, is that the price-per-mile of shipping a heavy truck is actually lower when you ship it long distances, due to economies of scale. The overall cost of a short-haul shipment is lower, but the price-per-mile will be higher.
- Required delivery date – If you need a rush shipment for a heavy truck, you’ll have to pay additional fees and expenses to ensure that it reaches the destination on time. To save money, we recommend planning your shipments ahead of time to avoid rush deliveries.
- Roadworthiness – It’s usually cheaper to transport a truck that can be legally driven on the road, since this simplifies last-mile logistics, and the truck can legally drive to its final destination under its own power. If the truck is not road-worthy and can’t be legally driven on public roads, the process of loading, unloading and delivery will be more complex and expensive.
While there are many other factors that may affect the price of shipping heavy trucks, the factors listed above usually have the biggest influence on shipping costs. Learn more and get a quote by contacting A-1 Auto Transport now.
Contact A-1 Auto Transport For Heavy Truck Hauling And Shipping Nationwide
If you’ve been looking for reliable “heavy truck haulers and shippers near me,” look no further. At A-1 Auto Transport, we’ve built a stellar reputation for moving heavy machinery and equipment nationwide. To get started, just give us a call at (888) 230-9116, or contact us online for a quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
The transportation cost depends on what the transport company is transporting, and the per-mile cost varies from area to area. It can be as low as $1 or up to $5. But there are other factors that a company must consider before giving you a price.
The biggest is the distance because even $1 will add up to a lot if your destination is far away from your pickup location. The fuel prices may vary according to the area, so you should consider it when considering the price.
A semi-truck can easily weigh around 80,000 pounds, which makes it a superload in some states. For example, the limit for an oversized load is 46,000 pounds, and anything over 80,000 pounds in Texas is a superload.
This makes the process complicated because there are other specifications. Flatbed trailers can be used, but their limit only goes up to 40,000 pounds. On the other hand, there are two variants for lowboy trailers.
The two-axle one takes 40,000 pounds, but the four-axle one goes up to 80,000 pounds, which is perfect for a heavy truck. Lowboy trailers are built closer to the ground to lower the machinery's centre of gravity and not let it topple.
The loaders can use a ramp to load it onto the carrier and then secure it using chains around the body. All this preparation makes the truck easier to navigate.
The distance between the pickup location and the new destination affects the time it takes for the driver to get your equipment. If the drop-off area is far away or in another state, it'll take longer because the border inspections take time apart from a distance.
A superload will take longer to transport because it's hard to navigate sharp turns and narrow roads. The driver will have to move slower to ensure the load stays balanced. It can't be handled well by ordinary people.
Since A1 Auto Transport has a GPS tracking system, people can easily check on their delivery and see where it is to make sure their delivery will reach on time.
You must take care of the heavy truck while moving it because even if it's sturdy, you shouldn't damage your equipment. A heavy truck isn't easy to load onto a carrier, let alone the driving part.
It's the most prominent reason you should hire a shipping company. It's necessary to be careful while choosing, and you should ensure it's a legitimate and reliable transport company. Go on public forums and consult other people who've hired companies before.
They can give you genuine advice on what company to hire because it isn't a decision you can make lightly. Once you've hired a company, you won't have to worry about the journey after submitting the relevant documents.