- How To Ship A Car From An Auto Auction?
- Choosing The Right Shipping Method For Your Vehicle
- Shipping Methods
- Ship Directly From The Auction
How to Ship a Car From an Auto Auction?
There are many forms of car auctions these days, which means having access to an auction is easier than ever before. While in-person auctions continue to remain popular, more and more individuals are beginning to take advantage of the opportunities that are afforded through online auctions. However, after the winning bid is placed, you then have to ask yourself, “How do I get this thing over here?” Let A-1 Auto take care of that for you!
Choosing the Right Shipping Method for Your Vehicle.
In order to ship your newly won vehicle securely, you need to first find a company that can handle the specific type of vehicle that it is. As is the nature with auctions, you can find everything from expensive luxury cars to older used cars.
For example, if you purchase an automobile from an auction that you will need to fix yourself, you will need to make sure that you find a company that has a transportation vehicle with a secure winch.
For cars that only need to be transported a short distance, a flatbed hauler might do the trick, while cars that need to be transported a long distance would need a different type of shipping service.
Get a Free, No Obligation to Buy, Auto Shipping Quote.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
The two main shipping methods that are recommended, depending on your specific needs, are:
- Open Car Transport: This method is not only the cheapest one that is available, but is also the most common one that is used. The drawback to this method of transportation is that it can expose your automobile to the elements, which creates a small potential for damage, as it is transported on an open-air trailer. However, at A-1 Auto, we will do everything possible to ensure that your vehicle is transported from an auction with all of the necessary safety measures and precautions.
- Enclosed Car Transport: This method is much more expensive, but it's recommended if the automobile that you won at the auction is a luxury vehicle, a classic, an antique, or is extremely valuable. Due to its enclosed nature, your vehicle will be better protected and will be placed in a special trailer that has been designed to limit the shock that your vehicle may be subjected to during the journey. Another benefit of this service is that it can be used year-round without having to worry about the seasons affecting your vehicle.
In deciding between either Open Car Transport or Enclosed Car Transport, you should consider if the car that you're shipping from the auction is one that you would want to drive regularly or instead, reserve only for special occasions. If you would only drive it during nice weather, than you should probably choose the Enclosed Car Transport option.
Ship Directly from the Auction.
Your car will be able to be directly shipped from every auction. Yet, while most auctions will offer some form of shipping service, they often will default to a shipping company that doesn't necessarily specialize in automobile shipping. That's why it's important to work with an independent shipping company such as A-1 Auto that has years and years of experience in getting your car directly from the auction to your final destination.
In addition, it will save you money by choosing an independent shipping company, especially if you frequently ship from auctions. Make sure that the shipping company offers you adequate insurance coverage as well.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ will have additional information on what licenses legitimate companies should have. Also, always remember to visit the Better Business Bureau's website at http://www.bbb.org/ to review a shipping company that you're deciding on.
Contact A-1 Auto today at 1-888-230-9116!