How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Cabo Verde
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- Average cost of shipping a motorcycle from United States to Cape Verde is $1,600 to $2,400
- It is most affordable to ship in a shared container or using RORO shipment option, as it has plenty of ports
Situated in the Atlantic Ocean, the island nation of Cabo Verde or Cape Verde is known for pristine beaches and azure waters. If you intend staying here for a short while or plan to retire in Cape Verde, it is important to know about the customs regulations and other aspects. With tropical climate and verdant forests, exploring the island on a motorcycle is majestic.
Before you schedule the shipping of a motorcycle from U.S to Cape Verde, it is important to hire our services as we are one of the leading international auto shipping services. With years of expertize in shipping cars, ATVs, motorcycles and other vehicles globally, we are conversant with the customs and laws of Cabo Verde. Our shipping agent will go over the details with you about the documents and paperwork that is needed. Additionally, if you cannot drive it to the nearest port of shipping, we offer door-to-door shipping at additional costs.
Some of the essential documents that need to be submitted to the Cabo Verde Custom Authority in include:
- Bill of Lading (OBL)
- Owner’s passport copy
- Copy of the Entry permit and residential Visa
- For duty-free import- Diplomatic exemption from Cape Verdean Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Driving license of the shipper/owner
- Insurance from U.S company
To get more information about the requisites of shipping internationally, you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection and get the latest on it.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Using the Motorcycle in Cabo Verde
In case, you plan to sell your vehicle after it is on a temporary import permit, you will be liable to pay all of the import taxes that were waived. Additionally, if you do not ship your motorcycle back after 5 years, you are liable to pay full import duty, if the motorcycle is within Cabo Verde.
The returning citizens are allowed to import one vehicle duty-free, but it can only be done once in their lifetime. However, they are liable to pay 15% VAT irrespective of not paying any duty. There is an additional fee when you get the motorcycle registered and to get the “livrete” or registration booklet. There is a license fee to pay every year you keep your motorcycle in the country.
We will assist you through the complete process and ensure that there are no delays. Based on the shipping method that you select, you will need to prep your motorcycle. If you intend shipping by Roll-on/Roll-Off method, you will need to ensure that it is operable and cleaned completely so that there is no chance of quarantine. Additionally, if you intend to send it with an intermodal container or by air shipping, along with other vehicles, the battery has to be disconnected and fuel tank emptied. For higher protection, you can choose to crate it at additional cost. Call us today to get a free quote on motorcycle shipping to Cabo Verde.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?