How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Benin
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- As Benin is located in West Africa, you will need to transport your motorcycle to Port of Los Angeles, Savannah, New York for faster shipping
- The cost of shipping your motorcycle is about $1450 to $2000 but does not count in the additional import duty and taxes
Situated in West Africa, the country of Benin shares its boundary with Burkina Faso, Togo, Niger, and Nigeria. It is located 650 km from the Atlantic Ocean. If you intend moving your motorcycle to Benin, there are key aspects that you will need to consider. This includes riding on unpaved roads and encountering potholes and livestock on the road, which is very different from driving in U.S. roads. However, before you ship your motorcycle to Benin, it is important to contact an international auto shipping service, like our company.
We are A-1 Auto Transport service, one of the pioneers in global auto shipping and have considerable experience transporting vehicles to African sub-continent. We are conversant with the laws and bylaws of Ministère de l’Economie et des Finances (MEF) and that is why when you ship your motorcycle with our company, we get it processed quickly.
Benin Auto Regulations
Though compilation of correct documents that needs to be submitted is important, it is essential to understand and adhere to the auto import regulations in Benin. Some of these regulations include:
- You are needed to pay taxes on new motorcycles and the amount is determined by the model, make, year and value of the motorcycle.
- Original purchase invoice needs to include the weight, VIN, year and model
- You can only import one motorcycle/car
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you want to ship motorcycle to Benin from USA, it is important to submit all of the requisite documents to validate the import with the Benin Customs and the U.S Customs and Border Protection service. Some of these vital documents are:
- Original title deed
- Motorcycle registration documents
- Bill of sale
- Non-sale certificate (undertaking that motorcycle will not be sold in Benin)
- Freight invoice from shipping company
- Ocean Bill of Lading
- Certificate of Origin
However, there might be more documents that you need to submit and it is best to give us a call or contact the Benin Embassy for more details.
Before Shipping Your Motorcycle
It is important to prepare your motorcycle before you ship it. Consolidated container shipping is the safest and most affordable way to ship when you need to keep the cost down. Your motorcycle will be put in a large shipping container along with other motorcycles. However, it will be important to drain the fuel tank and disconnect the batteries to avoid a fire hazard. If you are shipping by RORO, you will need to leave a little more than 1/4th tank of fuel so that the motorcycle can be driven up and down the deck with ease. Additionally, non-operational motorcycles and salvage bikes can be transported with ease. If you are really looking for quick shipping and budget is not an issue, air shipping is the best option.
If you intend shipping vintage or classic motorcycles, it is best to crate them for better security and protection. However, it is important to know that crating costs extra and will increase the cost of shipping the motorcycle. It is essential that you receive a written quote from our company, have the requisite documents in order before shipping it. You can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Service or Benin Consulate.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?