How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Barbados
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- The average cost of shipping your motorcycle from U.S to Barbados is about $1200 to $2000 but getting a customized quote is best
- It is cheapest when the motorcycle is shipped from Miami in a shared container
A Caribbean Island and independent British Commonwealth nation, Barbados is located in the Lesser Antilles, in Americas. It is twenty-one miles and it is only fourteen miles wide. It is about 62 miles from Windward Islands 104 miles away from Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. It is 250 miles from Trinidad and Tobago. With sunny weather and tropical climate, it is a hotspot for people from all over the world. And when you are here, exploring the verdant island nation is best done on a motorcycle.
If you are looking to ship it here, it is best that you take the guidance and assistance of an international auto shipping service, like us. We have a dynamic network of shipping agents that will work with you at every step. From door-to-door service, packing and transportation to the ports and getting the customs cleared in Barbados, we’ll do it all. You can call us for more information about our shipping services.
If you are importing your motorcycle from the United States to Barbados, you will need to provide the correct documentation along the way. You will be required to have these documents for the port of export and the port of entry. You will need:
- A copy of your driver’s license or passport
- A copy of the original purchase invoice that lists all the details of the bike
- A copy of the insurance policy on the motorcycle
- If the motorcycle is used, you will be required to provide your logbook as well as the insurance policy covering the motorcycle for the period you have owned it.
All motorcycles and vehicles need to apply for the import license prior to their shipping date. Our shipping agent can help you fill out this paperwork in order to ensure the accuracy of it and to avoid confusion.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As per the regulations, Barbados has a few restrictions and requirements that need to be adhered to, such as:
- If you are not a diplomat or if you are not a returning national, your motorcycle must be a minimum of four years old and has an odometer reading of 50,000 km or less
- If you are a returning national, you will have no restrictions on the age of your motorcycle or the miles as long as you meet all other requirements. You will not be required to pay for any import duties or taxes.
- If you are a diplomat, no import duties and taxes will be charged and no restrictions will apply
If a motorcycle is brought to Barbados used, there are a few restrictions according to the Barbados Customs Authority that will need to be adhered to in order to avoid any delays. Your shipping agent will be able to assist you in determining, if your motorcycle has passed these restrictions and help you to modify it when necessary.
When shipping your motorcycle to Barbados, one of our shipping agents can assist you in determining which shipping option will be right for you. The first and most common option is the Roll On/Roll-Off shipping method. With this method of shipping, your motorcycle is parked in a bay on the deck of a ship. While you only pay for the amount of space your motorcycle takes up, you won’t be able to keep anything with your motorcycle including the helmet. Your motorcycle will need to be completely cleaned all over thoroughly before shipping. The tires are immobilized and the motorcycle strapped properly.
The second method of shipping is the container shipping. Your motorcycle will be crate along with the helmet, saddle bags, and all other riding necessities before it is closed up and placed within a container. Usually, shipping containers of 20-feet houses 6 to 8 motorcycles to ensure that there is no damage. While in a container, your motorcycle is protected from any weather elements or possible damage while out at sea. However, it is important that you know everything about shipping your motorcycle including the details about import duties and taxes so that you can budget for it accordingly.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?