How To Ship Your Motorcycle To Or From Bahrain
Typical Shipping Prices – How Much Does It Cost?
- For shipping your motorcycle to Bahrain from U.S. is about $1700 to $4,000.
- The shipping prices do not reflect the additional cost of door to door and import taxes
Located in the Persian Gulf, Bahrain is a small monarchy. Bahrain is in the center part of the Bahrain Island archipelago and geographically situated, between the northeastern coast of Saudi Arabia and the Qatar Peninsula. The oil rich nation is a hub of trade and commerce and that is one of the reasons that people move to work there. If you want import your motorcycle when you move on a temporary or permanent basis, it helps to know that you don’t have to do it alone but we are there. Our company, A-1 Auto Transport service has been in business for over two decades and has shipped to countries in and around the Persian Gulf including Bahrain. Shipping your motorcycle from U.S to Bahrain is faster and cheaper from the east coast ports of New York, Savannah, Port of Wilmington (North Carolina) among others. While in Bahrain, the ports where your motorcycle will be delivered are Port of Bahrain or/and Port of Mina Sulman.
If you want to import your motorcycle to Bahrain, you will need to follow the procedures as set forth by the government. Additionally, you need to have all required documents ready and with you at all times. You will need the following documents prepared for submission prior to your import date:
- Bill of Lading
- Traffic Technical Inspection
- Vehicle insurance certificate
- Clearance Certificate
- Import Customs Declaration Form, or CDF
Once the motorcycle is in the country, you will need to also have the following documents in addition to the above list in order to obtain the local license plates:
- Export license plate
- Motorcycle insurance certificate
- Identification Card
- A copy of the motorcycle details that was prepared by the customs port
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Payment of Import Duties and Taxes
It is required that all customs duties are paid prior to you receiving your motorcycle after you have arrived at Bahrain. The duty rate charged to you is based on the evaluated value as determined by Bahrain Customs Authority. You can obtain exemption from customs duty if it is a genuine reconciliation otherwise; the duty is determined by the equal estimation of the value of your bike. You will also need an authorized certificate issued by the General Directorate of Traffic in Bahrain when importing motorcycles.
Additional Documentation Requirements
There is additional documentation that is needed and we’ll assist you in compiling and submission of these documents to the relevant authorities. Some of these include:
- A delivery order that was issued by the shipper you chose to import your motorcycle from the United States
- A commercial invoice from a supplier in duplicate form in either English or Arabic
- A packing list – duplicate will suffice.
- A bank payment receipt
- Authorized Certificate from the General Directorate of Traffic
- A Certificate of Origin in English or Arabic that was issued to you by a Chamber of Commerce and endorsed by the Embassy
- Four copies of the Bill of Lading that lists the motorcycles gross weight as well as all dimensions.
Custom Laws and Procedures
It is important to be aware of the other regulations before you import your vehicle. Customs duty is to be paid based on the value listed on the invoice by Bahrain Customs Authority. There are demurrage charges that will be accounted for once the motorcycle is left on the premises of Customs. Motorcycles can only be collected at customs by the owner or an authorized agent or party so if you cannot be there, we’ll need the Power of Attorney. Additionally, it is important to know that all U.S manufactured vehicles that are imported direction from the United States will be considered exempt from Customs duty.
For an additional fee, you can have your motorcycle picked up at your home and packed inside of a wooden shipping case where your helmet and all leathers can be shipped alongside your bike. Your shipping options include Ro/Ro or container shipping. If you want to save money and don’t mind your bike being exposed to the elements of the sea, then the Ro/Ro shipping method will be good enough. You won’t be allowed to leave anything on your motorcycle during shipping and your bike will need to be completely cleaned. If you want an extra layer of protection, you may want to pay a little more and choose container shipping. This method will put your motorcycle inside of a crate and ship it for you enclosed from the port in the United States to the port in Bahrain.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory