Yangon or as it was known in the past, Rangoon is the largest city in Burma (now Myanmar) and is an important financial and cultural center of the country. One of the ports in the country, Yangon boasts of an impressive skyline with gilded Buddhist pagodas and mix of modern high-rises and colonial architecture that still exists.
Most of the roads are in bad condition and are not very wide to sustain the increasing number of vehicles. This includes paved and unpaved roads, so you need to ensure that the car you import can sustain rides over rough terrain. However, only import a vehicle that is easy to maintain. As there is a government limit on the number of cars that can be imported within the country for sale, car prices are extremely high. Thus, it may be better to import your car instead of buying a new one in Yangon.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing personal vehicle.
Importing your car into Burma from the United States does not pose much difficulty even if the associated taxes and duties are high. Only in case of diplomats, these are nullified. For others the approximate taxes are 300% of the assessed vehicle values. The prerequisites of importing personal vehicles to Yangon include:
- only left-hand drive vehicles.
- Photo ID/license, along with a passport.
- Vehicle’s purchase proof.
- Valid insurance documents.
- Receipts of custom and other paid duties.
- Residency permit copy.
Besides this, as the car owner, you will have to be present on the correct shipping port when your vehicle is due for arrival. Once you decide to import vehicles to Burma from the US, it makes sense to contact the Burma customs at Yangon beforehand to make the process smooth and effortless. Additionally, the associated regulations undergo changes from time to time so it is important to remain abreast of the current situation.
Shipping methods for vehicles.
At A1 Auto Transport services ensure that your vehicle clears customs and other formalities at the US port from where it is being shipped to Yangon. It is our responsibility till you take the delivery in the Burmese city. As Yangon is a port, there is no requirement for additional land transportation to another city that is landlocked. We offer two basic methods of shipping:
- RO/RO shipping.
- Container shipping.
RO/RO shipping is the cheaper option. However, the car or other vehicle should be empty when getting on or off the ship, with the exception of having spare tire, floor mats and jack. Container shipping though expensive allows the vehicle and other accessories and even personal goods that can be packed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. At arrival, one of our company representatives will be there and will complete the necessary formalities so that you can take the delivery. From paying the custom duties and taxes to getting the documentation cleared and stamped, we will ensure that your car is handed over safely. To get more accurate information on the current laws and prerequisites, browse Embassy of Myanmar.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?