Torreon is the ninth largest metropolitan area in the country. It is also one of Mexico’s most important centers for economic and industrial purposes. There are several remarkable landmarks including the third largest statue of Christ in all of Latin America.
When moving to Torreon or going there for an extended stay, have your vehicle shipped over from the United States. This will allow you to travel Torreon and its surroundings much easier. You won’t have to face as many language and currency barriers as you would by using public transportation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What Will I Need to Fulfill for Vehicle Shipment?
There are very specific requirements that will need to be fulfilled before vehicle shipment to Mexico. These requirements are simple to address and vehicle shipment is very possible. Some countries have very specific policies that need to be fulfilled, but Mexico isn’t as strict.
The Documentation You Will Need:
- Passport, License, Residency Card, Picture ID, Visa, Registered Voter’s License- two of these will be necessary.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico for the most current information in regards to vehicle shipment. Although the requirements and documentation needed are listed above, they can change at any time.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment to Torreon.
When it comes to vehicle shipment, there are three available methods. One of these methods, air shipping, is so expensive that not many can afford it. The other two methods are the ones that many choose between. These methods are RO/RO shipping and container shipping. RO/RO shipping is the cheapest, but it isn’t permitted at all ports.
As the owner of the vehicle, you will need to be present on the day the vehicle is due to arrive. Seaports will not hold vehicles for any reason. Make sure that you have arranged transportation to get your vehicle that day.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?