When you plan on residing in Tijuana, Mexico or are going to be staying there for employment or study for a while, have a vehicle shipped there too. This will help you to avoid language barriers and currency issues while allowing yourself to travel leisurely.
The city of Tijuana is definitely a desirable region in Mexico. It is the largest city on the Baja California Peninsula and is a huge industrial and financial center for the country of Mexico. It is a huge manufacturing center for North America and many reside here for employment opportunities and growth.
The Requirements for Vehicle Shipment to Tijuana.
To send a vehicle anywhere outside of the United States, one will have to comply with the requirements of the country they are shipping to. Fortunately, Mexico isn't very strict on their policies for vehicle shipment. It is very possible to have your vehicle shipped over as long as you have the money and all of the essential requirements are fulfilled, The necessary documentation must also be presented.
- The vehicle must be no less than 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles arenot permitted.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter's License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
When you plan on shipping a vehicle to Tijuana, make sure that you contact the Embassy of Mexico for the most up to date information. They will inform you of all the current requirements. Also, make sure that you select the best method of vehicle shipment. There is RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping to choose from. It will greatly depend on your budget and whether or not you need other belongings sent over.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.