Ship Car To Sétif
Ship Your Car To Or From Sétif, Algeria
The city of Sétif is located in eastern part of Algeria and is the capital city of Sétif Province. The history of this town is interesting, dating back to the ancient Berber kingdom of Numidia. It is 132 km from Constantine, 300 km from Algiers and 65 km away from the city of Bordj Bou Arreridj within the Hautes Plains.
Learn more about importing vehicles to Algeria.
If you intend staying in Algeria for an extended period, you might consider importing your vehicle from USA to ease commuting in the city. Although recent laws have made it more expensive to import a vehicle to Sétif in Algeria, it isn’t as difficult as you might imagine. In addition to that it is important to adhere to the mandatory government laws, when you plan on importing the vehicle.
That is why it is important to hire the services of an international shipping service that has prior experience in navigating through the stringent Algerian Customs Authority (Douanes Algériennes) and helping customers get quick delivery of their vehicles. At A-1 Auto Transport service, we have shipped vehicles to Algeria and other North African countries for years. With a dynamic network of experienced shipping agents all over the world, we’ll ensure that your vehicle is delivered safely to your new destination in Sétif.
Key Considerations of Shipping Your Vehicle
To start with, if you want to ship your vehicle from a port in the United States to a port in Algeria, you will first need to contact Ministry of Transport in Algeria to determine what the right choices are for you. The standard quote for vehicles being shipped from the United States to Algeria is affordable when compared to other countries. It will normally run between $1200 and $3500. The quote will be based on the size of the car, season you intend shipping it in, and more. Additionally, based on the evaluated cost of the vehicle, you are required to pay 17% VAT and 15% standard import duty and taxes. To get a written quote estimating the cost of shipping to Sétif, contact us at A-1 Auto Transport service.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before You Ship from USA
There is a lot of paperwork that needs to be done before you ship from USA. You will first need to contact the U.S Customs to file your request and send in a Letter of Intent, along with a copy of the following documents:
- Shippers expert declaration
- Vehicle title deed
- Declaration of Vehicle export
- Owner’s passport
Once the vehicle has been shipped, you will need to have a copy of all the documents and requests sent to Algeria before the vehicle delivery is provided. The documents you will need include:
- Original vehicle title
- Valid Car Registration
- Vehicle purchase invoice
- Non- Algerian citizens will need an import license
- 3 copies of non-sale certificate (in French)
Auto Regulations in Algeria
Your vehicle will need to undergo the safety and emissions test. This will need to be completely while the vehicle is in the United States. The foreign manufacturers should provide after sales service and spare parts needs within the thirty days. War veterans and returning citizens are allowed to import vehicles under a separate law. You need to pay higher tax and import duties, if you are importing any vehicle that is less than three years old, as an expat.
Shipping Options from U.S.A
Though sea-freight is used commonly, you have an option of shipping your car by air. This method is the most expensive. Your vehicle will be loaded onto back of an air craft and flown to its destination. Though it is quick, the exorbitant price is a deterrent to most people. There are two sea freight methods that are usually chosen when shipping a vehicle internationally. These are:
- Roll On/ Roll Off – This method of shipping is the most common method of freight shipping. With this method, you are only allowed to ship an empty vehicle apart from other specific restrictions and limitations. Additionally, your vehicle will be driven on to the deck of a ship and harnessed in a pre-allocated bay for the trip. Once the vehicle reaches the port, it will be driven off the ship and released into the customs.
- Container Shipping: This is a more secure way to ship your vehicle. You have the option of shipping your vehicle and any personal belongings that have to be moved within twenty feet or forty feet containers. They are sealed after the requisite goods and vehicle is secured inside. They are then lifted using a crane, unto the ship’s deck or cargo hold.