Pedra Badejo is a city which has its location in the island of Santiago in Cape Verde. It is on the east coast and approximately about 25 kilometers north of the capital Praia. If you choose to relocate to the archipelago and transport your car with you, you would have to be aware of a few things regarding the island and custom regulations as well as the documentation. It would be needed for you to get a clearance for your vehicle.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When you are ready to start with the procedure, you are going to need a proper transport company like A1 Auto Transport service that is going to take care of the shipping. Our agent is going to go over the required documents that are necessary and will inform you about the different taxes that you would have to pay. We will arrange transport for the vehicle to the port and from the destination if you are not capable of doing it. In this case you are going to need to draft a Power Of Attorney. These are some documents needed by the Customs Department at Cape Verde:
- Driver’s License.
- Title of vehicle.
- Insurance of vehicle.
- Power of Attorney.
- Social Security Card.
You can get additional information on the shipping regulations by getting in touch with the U.S. Customs and Border Agency.
Documents and taxation paperwork.
Cape Verde has some specific requirements and you would need to make sure to meet them. Some of these include submission of documents pertaining to the vehicle import:
- Cape Verde Entry Permit in the Passport.
- Permit of residency.
- Original Purchase Bill – if your vehicle is new.
- Diplomatic exemption for Expats and Diplomats.
- Original title of the vehicle with chassis numbers, engine and model and make.
- Certificate of Insurance from the import country.
- Receipts of paid taxes.
You can contact the Cape Verde Embassy for any further documentation and any other requirements as well as to get all the necessary help you need when importing your car. The auto transport agent that you have chosen is also going to be able to give you more information. This would allow you to make proper preparations for the international shipping of your vehicle. Depending on the shipping method you choose, you may have to thoroughly clean the interior and to detach everything that is on the outside of the vehicle. The ultimate cost of the shipment is going to be based upon the type of shipping you have selected among other things.
- Ro/Ro shipping – this is by far the quickest shipping method and the cheapest one. You are going to simply drive your car on to the freight ship and get it back at the receiving point. This is generally the most preferred option. There are some limitations but it is worth the price.
- Container Shipping – you are going to be able to load your personal items inside the container along with the car. This method can take a little longer than the Ro/Ro method but it is preferable if you want to transfer any other personal belongings along with your car.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?