Ship Your Car To Or From New Plymouth, New Zealand
Situated in the Taranaki Region, New Plymouth is one of the major cities in New Zealand. It is right on the coast of the North Island of the country and is named after the British city of Plymouth, as the first settlers here were English. It’s a great destination for snowboard, ski, and water ski as well as for surfing and other things. Interestingly enough, you can do this all in the same day.
Learn more about shipping to New Zealand.
Import Your Car
Irrespective of whether you are moving here for a few weeks or couple of years, it is recommended that you import your vehicle with you when you move. However, importing a vehicle to a foreign country is always a complicated procedure which requires a lot of accurate information. At the same time, you need to adhere to the regulations of the New Zealand as well. This is why with the help of the A1 Auto Transport service the entire procedure is going to be a rather simple one. Your vehicle needs to go ahead and pass certification procedures before it enters New Zealand. The country’s transport agency is going provide you with the necessary certificate as you follow the legal requirements.
It is your responsibility to obtain the certificate before you start the registration of the vehicle. It is very important to check with the New Zealand Transport Agency in order to ensure that everything is handled perfectly. If you contact A1 Auto Transport you can rest assured that no issues will arise.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Duty Free Import Eligibility
There are certain situations in there are no imposed tariff duties – on used, personal vehicles which are being imported. Motor homes are taxed with 10% custom fees and there is an import entry transaction which amounts to $29.26 if your car is priced at more than $1000. In case you are a permanent resident of the country and you are capable of showing proof of residence at the time when you bring in the car, the GST can be waived. There are certain documents that you need to present:
- Present residence permit or visa
- Present returning permit or visa
- Passport from New Zealand or Australia
- Present New Zealand working visa or one for at least a year
- Present visitor’s visa with a due date of at least 3 years
Paperwork and Procedures
After the vehicle has reached its destination, the MPI official is going to make sure that it’s inspected. If it manages to pass the inspection without the necessity of quarantine, you will have to pay the taxes. There are certain documents that you need to bring with you, including:
- Title deed
- Proof of insurance
- Ocean bill of lading
- Passport or a driving license
- Commercial invoice
Make sure that you get the A1 Auto transport to verify all of the information before the shipping procedure. To learn more about importing, contact the New Zealand Embassy in USA for more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory