Situated in Northern Kosovo, the city of Mitrovica is scenically located on the banks of the River Ibar. It is the administrative center of the province by the same name. As it is international shipping, there are tons of documentation and procedures that have to be followed in U.S before you ship and at Kosovo.
It is important that as a U.S citizen, you have your U.S issued driving license when you drive in Mitrovica. Although the roadways are extensive, not all of them are well-maintained, so you need to be careful when you drive here.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Prior to shipping.
Before you ship your vehicle to Mitrovica, you will require sending in the documents and other details of the vehicle to A1 Auto Transport service. One of our shipping agents will ensure that they go over all aspects of the move with you so that you are aware of the cost and processes. You will need to notify the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency before you ship out the vehicle from your city.
You cannot ship the vehicle directly to Mitrovica as Kosovo is a landlocked country. Thus, the vehicle will first be offloaded at the Albanian Port of Durrës. From there you will need to ship it by land to Mitrovica. It is important to be there when the vehicle arrives or give us the Power of Attorney so that one of our shipping gents can collect it on your behalf. We will arrange for land transportation to Kosovo. Additionally, the vehicle will need third party insurance from a local Kosovo insurance company before it can cross over to Kosovo. To get the clearance permit from the Kosovo Customs service, it takes about 5 days to a week.
Essential documentation process.
The Customs at USA and at Kosovo are both going to need copies of these documents. It is important to carry the originals for verification and submit the validated copies. These include:
- Title certificate.
- Original purchase invoice of the vehicle with details.
- Proof of ownership.
- Work permit/residence visa.
Other essential regulations that have to be followed include:
- You have to pay the standard custom duty of 11.5%.
- Vehicles over 6 years cannot be imported to Kosovo.
- Based on the evaluated price, there is a 16% tax.
Kosovo motor vehicle laws.
When you are seeking the total cost, it is good to get the written quote from A1 Auto Transports service. We will factor in the shipping and freight charges, method of shipment, insurance and other import duties and taxes so that you are on the same page. You have the option of choosing from container shipping where your vehicle is put within large containers or choosing RORO, wherein the vehicle is driven on and off the ship.
There are some regulations that need to be adhered to when you are driving in Kosovo, and this includes carrying your license, passport and insurance on the car that you imported. You will be required to have the local registration permit so that the vehicle is authorized to be driven around. Browse more about the latest updates on the motor vehicle import regulations at Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?