As the capital of Yucatan, Merida is home of the Patria Monument in Paseo de Montejo. Over 60% of its residents are of Mayan ethnicity and it is also known for being very native with many different cultures’ influences. Many people come to reside in this smaller city with a little over 1 million inhabitants.
The city holds a lot of old and very influenced architecture. There are many museums, restaurants, churches, cathedrals, and more to explore. When coming here to reside or even stay a while, consider shipping your vehicle over from the United States. This will prove to be invaluable and will allow you to travel the city’s amazing landmarks.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Policies of Mexico for Vehicle Shipment.
Vehicle shipment into Mexico is rather simple. The policies are always subject to change so although they are listed below, make sure to contact the Embassy of Mexico for current regulations.
The Documentation That Will Be Needed:
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter’s License, Visa, or Proof of Residency
- Original vehicle title and two copies
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs
The Requirements That Need to be Fulfilled:
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years of age.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment.
There are three ways to have a vehicle shipped from the United States over into Mexico. RO/RO shipping, container shipping and air shipping. It is up to you to decide which method is best. These methods are all quite different. Container shipping allows a person to send other belongings as well. RO/RO requires the car to be empty and is the cheapest form of shipping. Air shipping is very expensive.
Be selective in your shipping options. Don’t break your budget and consider whether or not shipping other belongings over is necessary. Also, RO/RO shipping is not permissible at all ports. Make sure that there is one nearby that accepts this method of shipping. You will need to be present at the time the car arrives at port. Ports do not hold vehicles for the owner.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?