The densely populated town of Lucapa is situated in the eastern region of Angola was formally the capital of Lunda Norte Province. Irrespective of the reason for your temporary stay or whether you intend living here for a longer time, it is essential to know that the public transportation isn’t reliable and you might be more comfortable if you bring your vehicle with you from USA, when you move.
The two ports in Angola are located in Luanda and at Lobito. There are several rules and regulations for you to follow when shipping a vehicle into Angola. It is best not to delay your paperwork as that is an important part of the import process. The Customs department in the US and at Angola will require seeing the documents before clearances are issued.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations for Shipping to Angola.
Angola is known for being one the countries that must have pre-shipment inspection requirement for a used car. You will need to have a Certificate of Inspection from U.S in order to continue the process of importing. At A1 Auto Transport service, we can assist you with all the rules and regulations and ensure that the complete process is completed without any undue hassle. We have experience shipping to most of the African countries for over twenty plus years in business. You will need to get your documentation together and submit:
- Proof of ownership – by passport or driver’s license.
- Shipping terms and conditions are understood.
- Car details that include the VIN number, the chassis, and engine number, and the PIP number that is allocated to the importer.
- Bill of Lading.
- PIP number allocated to the importer.
- Purchase invoice.
- Importer tax information.
- A copy of Cartao de Contribuinte.
Before you can ship, your vehicle will need to be cleared at the U.S Customs and Border Protection. You will need to complete the fee payments that include:
- Pay the required fee.
- Pay the port handling fee that is charged at the U.S Port and again at the Port of Luanda once your vehicle reaches there.
- Vehicles will need to be shipped in containers that separate the household goods with the vehicle.
- Pay the CIF value.
- An import license.
- compulsory to have a visit by Bureau VERITAS.
As long as your vehicle is imported for private use only, you will need to adhere to the specific requirements that include:
- The vehicle will need to stay in Angola for two years with a one-year extension allowed.
- A bond deposit of 40% to 45% of the CIF value is required.
- Gasoline Engine size will help to determine how much you will pay:
- up to 1500cc = 10%.
- 1500-3000cc = 20%.
- Over 3000cc =30%.
- If the vehicle engine is diesel, you will need to pay the following: 1500-2500cc – 20%. and over 25,600cc = 30%.
If you are a diplomat with a shipment, you will need to be cleared but then you will not be subject to the PSI. Customs clearance would need to begin as quickly as possible once it arrives in Luanda. If the clearance is late, more than thirty days from the arrival date, because there were documentation delays, then you will be fined at a rate of 5%, based on CIF value. Clearance will begin when the franchise is received and can take more than two weeks so start the paperwork as soon as possible.
Pay all fees to the Angola Embassy located in the U.S before you begin the process of importing your vehicle. There is information regarding the procedures and regulations that will need to be followed. The cost can be determined based on your individual needs. You will need to include the cost of insurance and freight charges as calculated. If you hire A1 Auto Transport Service, we can give you a close quote of your expense before your vehicle is imported.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?