The Zambian city of Kabwe was earlier known as Broken Hill due to the intense mining operations for zinc and lead that were undertaken in the early 20th century. The legacy has continued and even today, it is an important center for mining and transportation.
If you are moving to Kabwe, it helps to bring over your own vehicle as public transport is unreliable, overcrowded and you might encounter language barriers. That is why it helps to have your own car or vehicle to travel within and out of the city limits.
There are stringent rules when it comes to auto import regulations, as an import permit and letter of Authority is mandatory before the vehicle docks at the last port. You might need to contact the South African Bureau of Standards for getting the requisite approvals.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Information on paperwork.
Every import requires proper documentation and there is basically no age limit but a limitation is there on vehicles over 25 years old. The main documents include:
- Proof of owner- passport, photo ID.
- Bill of Sale.
- Letter of Authority.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Insurance policy.
- Import Permit.
- Customs Release Notification form.
You might want to talk with A1 Auto Transport service so that you are clear about the cost of shipping. We’ll assist you with the financial information so that you are clear about the break-down of the cost.
Methods of shipment.
When you are shipping a vehicle to Kabwe, you have three options- air shipping, Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping. However, air shipping is too expensive and is usually not an option. The RORO method of shipment is the cheapest as the car is driven on, parked on the open bay and then driven off the ship. It has to be empty but only the car jack, spare tire; extra set of keys and floor mats is kept.
The container shipping is more expensive than RORO but you are allowed to put your personal items and vehicle, inside the large 20 feet or 40 feet container and then it is sealed. As Zambia is a landlocked country, it is important that your vehicle is offloaded at Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Then it will be transported by land to Kabwe.
If you need more information, you can contact the Embassy of Zambia and get a better perspective on the laws.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?