Hermosillo is a city located in the state of Sonora. The city contains 70% of the population for the state of Sonora and is home for most of the state’s manufacturing. Most of the city’s jobs are located in the manufacturing and commerce sectors.
No matter what your reasoning is for coming to Hermosillo for residency or an extended stay, having your own vehicle would be a beneficial asset. It will allow you to travel whenever you need to, as well as avoid currency and language barriers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Forms of Shipping to Hermosillo.
There are several different methods of vehicle shipment to Hermosillo. Two of them are more popular than the other. Air shipping is typically too expensive for many.
Container shipping is quite practical especially for those who plan on residing on the islands. It allows a person to fill their vehicle with belongings allowed by Mexico Customs. The container can also be filled with property and there are two sizes of containers to select from. A person choosing container shipping can split the container with another person. This can help to reduce the higher costs of shipment.
The roll on, roll off method, also known as RO/RO shipping, is less expensive than container shipping. The vehicle must roll on to the ship as well as roll off. The automobile must be completely empty other than its floor mats, a car jack and a spare tire.
What Are the Requirements for Vehicle Shipping to Mexico?
Vehicle shipment to Hermosillo from the United States will require that the owner fulfill the policies set by the country of Mexico. Below, you will find a list of the requirements, as well as the necessary documents. It is always best to contact the Embassy of Mexico for the most up to date policies, considering they may change at any time.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- Passport, license, picture ID, registered voter’s license, visa – any of these two forms will do.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been manufactured in Canada or the U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?