Ship Your Car To Or From Glogovac, Kosovo
Glogovac or Drenas, as it is also known as, is a town and a municipality in the district of Pristina in the central parts of Kosovo and it’s located between the Cicavica Mountains in the east and the hills of Drenica to the north and west.
Learn more about shipping to Kosovo.
Regardless of the reasons you might have to get your vehicle to Glogovac, you should know that there is quite a lot of documentation that you need to prepare and a lot of rules to abide. We at A1 Auto Transport understand the importance of shipping to Kosovo and we can help you out significantly.
Kosovo is a landlocked country and this is the main reason for which the vehicles need to be shipped to the Albanian port and then driven to Kosovo. Regardless, it’s important to remember that you have to have third-party insurance before you reach the border. The average waiting time at the customs is about five days.
Necessary Documentation for the Import
There are quite a lot of documents that you will have to handle to get into Kosovo and A-1 Auto Transport will assist you with all of them, which include:
- Purchase invoice
- Driving license
- Report on the appraisal of the value of the vehicle
- Purchase invoice
- Passport of the owner
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Regulations in Kosovo
Kosovo regulations differ from the ones in the U.S. and there are certain ones that you would need to follow close by. They include:
- You should carry vehicle insurance documents
- Registration deed
- Your car needs to be disinfected as it comes into the country
- You should carry your passport and license
You will also need your driving license to drive in the city and it’s only going to be valid for 12 months at best. Therefore, if you are here on an extended stay, you will have to get a local driver’s license.
Now, even though you won’t be capable of shipping your car directly to Kosovo, you need to figure out a freight shipping method. There are two options – RORO and container shipping. The most effective and money-efficient one is through RORO because it’s the quickest and cheapest water-bound method. However, your vehicle will be left exposed to the elements of the weather and you won’t be allowed to carry any kind of personal belongings with you.
If you want the luxury of the enclosed space, you’d have to get a 20ft or 40ft container which is specifically designed for this. You can fill it up with as many belongings as you can fit and you can rest assured that your car will be protected properly. If you want any further information, do not hesitate to contact the Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?