Ship Car To Farafenni
Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
One of the larger Gambian towns in North Bank Division, Farafenni is situated on the Trans-Gambia Highway. It is close to the border with Senegal and is an important commercial city.
Regardless of the reason of your relocation from USA to Farafenni, it helps to know that the condition of roads isn’t good in Gambia as most of them are unpaved. Thus, consider the fact that your car or any other vehicle will require higher maintenance.
It is easy to ship to Gambia as the rules for vehicle import aren’t very strict though adherence to import laws is a must. Your vehicle will be fright shipped to Port of Banjul which permits both container shipping and RORO. As your shipping agents, A1 Auto Transport service will ensure that you get the best price when you are shipping to Farafenni. We will assist you with the prepping the vehicle before shipment, documentations, submission and notification of the respective Customs department in both the countries.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before shipping vehicle to Farafenni.
There are many regulations that have to be followed before the vehicle gets the Gambia Revenue Authority clearances. It is essential that the vehicle is only shipped along with the Original purchase invoice of the vehicle which details the VIN, chassis and engine numbers. You need to be aware that you are not allowed to ship or import right hand driven vehicles as they are prohibited. Only left hand driven vehicles are allowed.
If you are looking to calculate the costs, make sure that you take into account 10% sales tax and 1% custom taxes are applicable on the price of the vehicle, insurance and shipping charges. Additional documents that are needed to be submitted are:
- Ownership proof -Social security number/driving license/passport.
- Bill of sale.
- Title deed.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
- Power of Attorney in the shipping company’s name (optional)
- Insurance on the vehicle.
To know more about the current laws and regulations, you can get in touch with the Embassy of Gambia and get all the information. A1 Auto Transport service will go over the details with you so that there is no missing information. From deciding on the closest port to ship your car from to deciding on the best method i.e. RORO or container shipping, we will walk you through the options so that you can pick the most affordable and simple option. We also offer pick-up of your vehicle from your doorstep and delivery at the port in USA, but it will be charged to the shipping costs.
Ways of freight shipping.
Though air shipping is the fastest method of shipping to Gambia but it is very expensive and that is why it is rarely used. Other common methods include:
- RORO: It is also termed as Roll-On/Roll-Off as the vehicle is driven on and off the ship using its own wheels. This is the cheapest method of shipment and is perfect when you just need to transport your vehicle. There are some limitations such as disabling alarms, removing air conditioning gas and other personal items before the vehicle can be shipped under this method.
- Container shipping: This entails securing your vehicle within 20 feet or larger 40 feet shipping containers. Your household or personal goods are allowed within the container which makes it easy to ship everything together. This is more expensive than RORO but safer.
Call us today to know more about other aspects of shipping your vehicle to Farafenni in Gambia.