The third largest city in Algeria, Constantine is nearly 50 miles from the coat of the Mediterranean Sea by the banks of the panoramic Rhumel River. With a plethora of bridges dotting the mountains over which the city lies, it is also known as the ‘city of bridges’.
If you intend staying in Constantine on a short term or a long term period, having your own vehicle can be of advantage as there is higher demand and low supply of personal vehicles. However, importing cars from United States to Algeria is not as easy today as it used to be. While the cars produced within Algeria are eligible for exemptions in taxes the same no longer applies to imported vehicles.
However, if you prefer having your own personal vehicle as an expatriate in Constantine, it is bets to team with an international car shipping service like A1 Auto Transport service and we will ensure that your car is delivered safely. However, there are a few custom fees and taxes that you will need to consider before you are able to drive your car. Automobile duties are quite high as there is a 15% tariff for motor vehicles and 17% VAT charged on all types of vehicles.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Constantine
|San Jose, CA to (California port) to Constantine||$200||$3800||5+31 days|
|Boston, MA to (New York port) to Constantine||$400||$3100||5+18 days|
|Constantine to (California port) to Las Vegas, NV||$450||$3800||5+31 days|
|Constantine to (California port) to Portland, OR||$475||$3800||6+31 days|
|Seattle, WA to (California port) to Constantine||$550||$3800||6+31 days|
|Constantine to (New York port) to Columbus, OH||$550||$3100||5+18 days|
|Constantine to (New York port) to Detroit, MI||$575||$3100||6+18 days|
|Chicago, IL to (New York port) to Constantine||$675||$3100||6+18 days|
|Denver, CO to (California port) to Constantine||$775||$3800||7+31 days|
|Constantine to (New York port) to Houston, TX||$1,075||$3100||7+18 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
People wishing to import vehicles from foreign countries to Algeria need to compile and submit certain relevant documents to the authorities when the vehicle arrives. These are:
- Original vehicle registration and title
- Original invoice of purchase
- Import license required for non-citizens
- Non-sale certificate in French (3 copies required)
Ensuring safety on the roads
In Constantine, All the imported cars should comply with regulations relating to emissions, safety, and quality. This requirement is for ensuring road safety of the vehicle. Manufacturers also need to provide the after-sales services besides ensuring the availability of associated parts in Algeria. Any requested part should be available to the consumer within 30 days of making the request.
Other rule considerations
Only migrant returning workers and war veterans as can import cars into the country as private citizens. Non-citizens and foreign companies are allowed to import vehicles only after paying higher duties and tariffs than Algerian citizens. These cars should be of 3 years or less when imported. Additionally, these vehicles remain subject to strict standards of inspection.
Driving in Algeria
The road conditions drastically differ from USA as most of the cities lack roadway signs, unskilled drivers and poorly maintained roads that are a leading cause of road accidents. It is common to encounter police and military check posts on major roads in the city and on the outskirts of Constantine, as with other cities. The traffic intersections lack traffic lights and are maintained by police. In case you intend traveling to the southern regions, you will need a government permit and vehicle inspections. To know more about it, please contact the Embassy of Algeria.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
🇩🇿 Algeria, (DZ)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- Car Shipping To Or From Port of Ponce, Puerto RicoCar Shipping To Or From Port Of San JuanLexingtonShip Car To AalborgShip Car To AarhusShip Car To AbbotsfordShip Car To AbéchéShip Car To AberdeenShip Car To AbhaShip Car To AbidjanShip Car To AboboShip Car To Abomey-CalaviShip Car To AbovyanShip Car To Abu DhabiShip Car To Abū GhuraybShip Car To AcapulcoShip Car To AccraShip Car To AcharnesShip Car To AdamaShip Car To AdanaShip Car To Adda-DoueniShip Car To Addis AbabaShip Car To AdelaideShip Car To AdenShip Car To Afghanistan
- What A Pet Mover Does“Uber” for Kids?$500 Auto Transport | Finding Affordable Shippers10 Important Areas You Need To Know Around Your Neighborhood10 Questions To Ask An Auto Transport Company2016 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally2016 Utah International Auto Expo25 Years Old Cars: Import into the U.S.3 Tips for Getting Discount Auto Transport3 Tips For Moving Back To School3 Tips When Shipping Your Motorcycle5 Free Auto Shipping Quotes5 Great Additions You Can Add To Your Home’s Outdoors 5 Major Issues That Could Turn Your Move Upside Down5 Things You Never Knew About American Auto Transport5 Tips For Buying a Used Car5 Tips On How To Put Your Used Packing Materials To Good Use5 Ways to Ensure Your Car Delivery Is A Pleasant One5 Ways to Find a Real Professional Auto Transport Company5 ways to tell that your new house is now organized5 Worst Pickup Trucks of All Time6 Different Ways To Meet Your New Neighbors6 Gift Ideas For Your New Neighbors6 Great Ways To Get Involved In Your New Community6 Reasons Why You Should Keep Your House Organized
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September