Safe And Reliable Shiloh Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
You made the right choice by relocating to Shiloh. This is the place to be for bike riders, doctors, and all other professionals. Whether it is working, tripping, or living in the small town in Illinois, you will love the outgoingness of its residents plus the benefits of a fast developing and flourishing community.
As a motorcyclist, moving your bike to a new home might sound like a complicated process because all the while you have been riding the bike to all places. At A-1 Auto Transport Inc. we will guide you all through the shipment until you confirm that your bike has been delivered with zero damages.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Open-air haulage. With this method of shipping, your motorcycle is exposed to agents of damage like severe weather and road debris. The bikes are shipped after loading them on a lowboy.
- Enclosed trailer haulage. This motorcycle shipping method protects your motorcycle from all external factors that might cause damage to bikes while in transit.
- Crated bike shipping. We pack your bikes in watertight wooden crates for moving. The bikes will be delivered in showroom state.
- Container shipping. A-1 Auto Transport uses metal containers to move one to over 1000 bikes. The motorcycles are strapped to the container using heavy-duty soft ties.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
Before shipping, you should have prepared for the shipment.
- Wash the bike.
- Give the haulers the measurements of your bike.
- If the bike is inoperable or salvaged, notify the transport company
- Check if the side mirrors, braking systems, and handlebars work appropriately.
- Ask your shipper if they will need the ignition keys during shipment.
- The gas tank is a ¼ full at most.
- Do not leave your valuables on the bike.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
Your bike should be shipped by only the best shipping companies. Here are some tips to help you locate the shipper with the necessary traits:
- Safety and security: Your motorcycle should be moved with the highest security standards. Check their security systems such as cargo tracking and secured storage facilities. You must be certain that once you hand your bike over to the shipper, it will be delivered safely.
- Reliability of the services: When searching for a shipping service, you should take the reliability of their services into consideration. The shipper should have a history of fast deliveries and complete customer service. A good tip to find out if the shipper will offer reliable services is calling their number. The number should be toll-free, available 24/7, and the respondents should be humans, not bots.
- The validity of the licenses and permits: It is not only unadvisable to hire a shipper without a license, it is also a criminal offense. Your bike might be confiscated by the authorities if found being shipped by an unlicensed shipping company. When vetting the shipper, ask for their DOT number to confirm that indeed they are allowed to ship bikes in the USA.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- Tailored haulage services: What you miss in other shipping companies is what you get at A-1 Auto Transport. We will tweak your order until it matches your requirements. Our expert can tailor two or three other options into a masterpiece that entails all the features you cannot find elsewhere.
- Insurance coverage: We care and love your bikes like our own. We also want you to have peace of mind when we are moving your bikes to the required address. We include a premium insurance policy in every bike shipment as a protective measure. If our trucks, ships, trains or planes get involved in a crash and damage is done to your bikes, be sure to receive full compensation. If the bike is partly damaged, we will foot all repair fees.
- Adequate experience: The shipping industry has many ups and downs and it deserves a shipper who has stayed long enough to learn all the ropes therein. We started shipping motorcycles over 30 years ago. We have expanded our business to serve clients worldwide after knowing what is needed for successful international shipping services.
- High-quality shipping equipment: The machinery that our shippers use to handle motorcycles was designed purposely for the job. We will not use equipment created for car transport or household moving. Again, the tools and materials are serviced regularly to minimized blunders.
Our Shiloh motorcycle shipping services
- Motor carrier insurance coverage.
- Motorcycle crating services.
- The door to door delivery. Your bike will be picked by us from wherever you are and transported to your specified location.
- Terminal to terminal delivery. You will find means to move your bike to a drop off point or port and we will proceed with shipping your motorcycle to another state, county or country.
Talk to us!
At A-1 Auto Transport, we take pride in providing A-class bike transport services and complete client satisfaction. Kindly, reach out to our agents when you need your bikes moved. The number to call is 1-800-452-2880.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.