Those who never had to transport a motorcycle may be confused on how the process actually works. There are a lot of shipping methods available for anybody that needs to get their bike delivered to Seattle. The best way to find out about how transporting a motorcycle works is to contact the company and go over their options.
Usually, a reputable shipping company will have a list of shipping methods such as enclosed transportation, open air transportation, crated transportation, and pallet transportation. Each method is different but all are equally effective. Motorcycle transportation companies are not the same as a regular auto hauler, some auto haulers will offer motorcycle shipping, but this is not the best way to get the job done.
It is important to utilize a company that specializes in the shipping of motorcycles. By ensuring the company works strictly with motorcycles, the customer can get peace of mind that it is in the hands of people who care for these beautiful machines. Make sure to let the company know about a month in advance before the desired ship date. Shipping companies cannot accommodate unrealistic timelines so it is important to set up a ship date early and be on time on ship day.
Preparing a Motorcycle for Transportation
There are a few tasks to complete before sending the bike off to Seattle, Washington. Always make sure to document and list all damages to the motorcycle before it is transported in order to avoid an altercation with the shipping service. By washing the bike, scratches and small dents may become noticeable whereas before they were concealed by the dirt and dust.
Any loose objects that can break or scratch the bike should be removed. While a motorcycle is being transported it will encounter vibrations, so be sure to disable a security alarm if the bike is equipped with one. By completing these tasks the bike has the best odds at arriving to Seattle without injury.
Other Small Tasks to Complete Before Transporting a Motorcycle
- Check the tire pressure, battery and fluids
- Check the gas reading- Some companies require that the tank be filled no higher than ¼ before transportation.
- Thoroughly inspect the bike for damages
Companies for Transport in Seattle, WA
2253 Gilman Dr.
W Seattle, WA 98119
615 S 96th St.
Seattle, WA 98108
616 1st Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
8349 13th Ave.
NW Seattle, WA 98117
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?