Shipping a motorcycle is more secure when you hire a Sandpoint company that’s trusted. By paying attention to reviews and ratings from previous customers, you can find a shipping company that is dependable.
Then, you can relieve stress, have more time, and save money while the professionals handle delivery.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
What You’ll Need to Address before Shipping a Motorcycle.
Before your motorcycle’s transport, there will be specific requests from the shipment company. These requests are standard except for crated shipping. Crated shipping has different requirements. They are a little stricter, such as emptying all fluids and disconnecting the battery.
- Wash the motorcycle and make sure it is free of all dirt and deposits.
- Check all the fluids, as well as the tire pressure and battery.
- Disable the alarm if there is an alarm system.
- Remove any loose items from the bike.
- Take pictures and notes of any damage already done to the bike.
- Check the fuel tank and make sure it is no more than a ¼ full.
Methods of Motorcycle Transport near Sandpoint.
Motorcycle shipping methods vary. Some of them are less safe for the bike than others, yet they come at a lesser rate. It is up to you as the owner to decide what you feel most comfortable with. However, all these methods are safer than taking the bike there yourself. Many of these companies will even offer insurance during shipment to help assure the safety of your prized possession.
- Open air shipping is when the bike is transported on an open flatbed trailer. This isn’t the safest method seeing as it leaves the bike open to poor road and weather conditions.
- Enclosed shipping is when the motorcycle is shipped within a container.
- Crated shipping is the absolute safest method of shipping. Although it has strict requirements, it’s strapped to a pallet and placed within a small container. This makes delivery extremely reliable and safe.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?