Motorcycle transport services are used daily by individuals and businesses all over the world. When motorcycles are being sold, purchased or traded, the need for shipping services becomes prevalent. In fact, many dealerships and manufacturers use these services to deliver vehicles to and from one another.
Around Portsmouth, Virginia, you’ll find a lot of reputable transport companies. Find one that offers the services you need at a price you can afford. Fortunately, motorcycle shipping services are inexpensive and most can afford them.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When Crated Shipping Is Preferable.
With the different shipping methods offered, it is best to consider a few things. For example, if you need multiple motorcycles delivered to a location at once, open air shipping is the best method. Enclosed services are best for those who wish to give their bike a little more protection during its travels.
The crated shipping method is best for anyone shipping a motorcycle that holds great monetary or sentimental value. The bike will be secured to a pallet and placed snuggly inside a small shipping container. The motorcycle will be unable to move during the transport, putting at an even lesser risk for damages.
Prepping the Motorcycle for Crated Transport.
- Wash off the cruiser. Make sure there isn’t any dirt or debris left.
- Make a list of all damages. Take pictures of all that is visible.
- Remove the handlebars and battery if asked.
- Take off any unnecessary items such as saddlebags and other accessories.
- Disable the motorcycle’s alarm if it has one.
- Check the tire pressure.
- Make sure the tank is ¼ or less full.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?