Your reason for shipping a motorcycle doesn’t matter when you go to book with a transport company in Portales. Anyone can safely have their motorcycle delivered elsewhere in the nation.
Actually, dealerships, manufacturers and other motorcycle enthusiasts use these services regularly. It is cost effective and reliable, as long as you hire the right transporter.
Always be aware of the transport company’s credentials. Thoroughly investigate each potential transporter before hiring them for services. You wouldn’t want to become scammed by someone posing as a delivery service.
Common Qualities Possessed by a Scam Artist.
- They don’t have approval from the Department Of Transportation.
- They do not have any of the necessary certificates or state licensing.
- A large down payment is demanded.
- They don’t have an easy to find website.
- They do not uphold a positive reputation.
- They lack in their assortment of services.
- Their customer service is rude and not willing to help.
- They may seem less knowledgeable about transport services and how the shipping process works.
- They do not offer insurance during the transport.
- They don’t have the right equipment.
- Their employees and drivers are not trained.
If you aren’t aware of the qualities possessed by con artists and all of the tricks they use to scam people, you may fall victim to their trap. Do online research and even ask questions over the phone during your attempt to gather quotes. Really get a feel for the customer service received and assess all of the service options available to you. Only contact transport companies in Portales with positive reviews and informative websites listing their current contact information.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.