Deliver Your Car Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Port of Presque Isle Township, Michigan
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call: 1-800-452-2880
Shipping Cars To or From Port of Presque Isle Township
Presque Isle Township is a small town with a population of close to 1500 people in the state of Michigan. This small haven is home to two lighthouses, Lake Huron and Presque Isle harbor. Port of Presque Isle Township is an iconic historic treasure and the only natural harbor between Mackinac and Detroit. It has experienced a huge transformation from being home to shipwrecks in the 1800’s to evolving into an economic entity in this day and age.
Here’s a guide on shipping cars to or from Port of Presque Isle Township.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time|
|Presque Isle Township to Chicago||$430||430 miles||2 – 4 days|
|Presque Isle Township to Nashville||$580||774 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Presque Isle Township to Atlanta||$720||961 miles||3 – 5 days|
|Denver to Presque Isle Township||$850||1417 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Houston to Presque Isle Township||$887||1479 miles||4 – 6 days|
|Presque Isle Township to Phoenix||$1078||2156 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Presque Isle Township to Portland||$1117||2234 miles||6 – 8 days|
|Presque Isle Township to San Diego||$1245||2491 miles||7 – 9 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
A surefire way to having an easy time when shipping cars to or from Port o Presque Isle Township is by adequately preparing your car for customs clearance. Listed below are the port requirements for passing vehicle inspection.
- Get rid of any personal items in your car. This extends to all aftermarket parts like external speakers and the GPS unit.
- Your gas should be no less than a quarter tank but no more than half. This amount is just enough for loading and offloading without causing leaks.
- The USDA requires that you have your car thoroughly cleaned minimizing the carriage of insects and pests.
- Fill out the bill of lading. This is a document that extensively details existing damages to your car as well as make, model, and date of manufacture of your car.
- Give your auto shipper the appropriate documentation which mainly includes, but is not limited to, proof of vehicle ownership, valid driver’s license, vehicle inspection number, and a valid photo ID, e.g. a passport.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Choose a reliable auto transport company
The bare minimum you ought to consider when choosing a transport company is whether they are insured, bonded, and licensed. It’s also important to take note of the kind of insurance they will be extending to you. Ideally, it should cover at-fault accidents which the auto shipper is responsible for. However, if you’re shipping a luxury car, you may need to invest in additional insurance for added security.
Mode of Shipping
The two main shipping options when shipping cars to or from the port of Presque Isle Township is Ro Ro and Container.
Containerized shipping refers to having your vehicle loaded into a shipping container, which is then placed in a ship carrying various other cargo in containers. This method will cost you more, and as such, is mostly used for exotic cars that need the added care and protection when shipping.
The second alternative is cheaper and simpler to use. Your car will be driven onto the Ro Ro vessel where it will be parked in a cargo area intended for vehicles. After all the cars are safely loaded they are secured in position before the ship takes off.
Cost of shipping
The total moving cost quoted by most auto shippers will be based on; destination, type of vehicle, departure date, and mode of shipment utilized. You will also bear the cost of customs fees as well as compensate the port personnel for handling your cargo.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.