Shipping Cars To or From Port of Guntersville, Alabama
Just as the name suggests, the Port of Guntersville, Alabama is situated on the Tennessee River - near Guntersville Alabama. It’s a popular freight forwarding position for general bulk cargo such as charcoal, ore, and scrap iron.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Atlanta to Port of Guntersville||$154||154 miles||1-2 days|
|Port of Guntersville to Columbus||$406||541 miles||2-4 days|
|Port of Guntersville to Kansas City||$537||716 miles||3-5 days|
|Milwaukee to Port of Guntersville||$547||729 miles||3-5 days|
|Port of Guntersville to Houston||$556||741 miles||3-5 days|
|Albany to Port of Guntersville||$618||1030 miles||4-6 days|
|Port of Guntersville to New York||$680||906 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego to Port of Guntersville||$1035||2069 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
Take a look at a comprehensive review of shipping cars to or from Port of Guntersville, Alabama.
When shipping cars to or from port of Guntersville, Alabama within the country, you will need to present the following documents:
- Original Title and Registration must be provided. In the case of a current lien holder recorded on the title, you need to possess a letter of authorization from the lien holder.
- A valid proof of insurance for the automobile being transported. Countercheck that the insurance is not expired since it will be deemed null and void.
- You have to offer a form of photo identification akin to a valid passport or an up-to-date driver’s license.
For overseas shipping you will require to provide the following in addition to the above documents:
- You ought to present proof of sales tax when you purchased your automobile. Usually, your preferred auto mover will be tasked with verifying if your sales taxes are up to date before setting sail.
- For those serving in the military, you will be required to follow different set rules when it comes to paperwork. Click here to find the comprehensive list of all the documents
The cost incurred when shipping cars to or from port of Guntersville, Alabama will be incumbent upon the following
- Type of vehicle - A larger vehicle will weigh more and take up more room. You will, therefore, need to shell out more bucks as opposed to when you’re shipping a compact car. If your vehicle fails to steer, drive or brake, the cost goes up slightly to cater for the manual intervention by the auto shipper.
- Lead time - If you need your car shipped on short notice, let’s say tomorrow, it will call for major manipulation of current schedules and routes eventually costing you much more. Word to the wise, allow at least 5 days or more for scheduling your automobile to be picked up.
Always have an extra stash of cash saved in case you need to pay for demurrage as well. This is the cost levied to a consignee by a carrier for late pick up of a vehicle from port terminal.
Mode of shipping
The two primary methods available are: Roll on Roll off (RoRo) and container shipping. Ro Ro is the cheaper of the two owing to its simplicity of loading and offloading a vehicle from the ship. For your car to be transported via Ro Ro, it needs to be able to brake, steer and roll, as it will be driven on and off the ship. Ideally, scrap/non-motorized cars cannot be shipped via this method. Take note that no personal items should be placed in the car.
Although container shipping costs more, it offers increased safety and added protection to high-value cars. What’s more, you need not rid your car off personal belongings.
Kindly reach out to us if you need any assistance.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.