Shipping Cars To Or From Port Of Buffington Harbor
The Port of Buffington Harbor, or Port of Gary, is located on the shores of Lake Michigan. The lake is part of the Great Lakes, which connect to the Atlantic Ocean via the St. Lawrence River. The harbor opens up international trading routes between the state of Indiana and the rest of the world. The port has a 750-foot wide turning basin and a storage facility that auto shippers can use. Shipping cars to or from port of Buffington Harbor is possible at the harbors dock.
Cost & Time To Ship Your Car Examples
|Shipping To/From||Cost||Distance||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Port Of Buffington Harbor to Pittsburgh||$439||439 miles||2-4 days|
|Minneapolis to Port Of Buffington Harbor||$444||444 miles||2-4 days|
|Atlanta to Port Of Buffington Harbor||$521||694 miles||3-5 days|
|Port Of Buffington Harbor to New York||$576||768 miles||3-5 days|
|Port Of Buffington Harbor to Albany||$596||795 miles||3-5 days|
|Denver to Port Of Buffington Harbor||$612||1020 miles||4-6 days|
|Port Of Buffington Harbor to Boston||$721||961 miles||3-5 days|
|San Diego to Port Of Buffington Harbor||$1047||2093 miles||6-8 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and what type of vehicle you are shipping.
How to use the port for auto shipping
The port is in Gary, a lake city on the shores of Lake Michigan. The port is used for international car shipping in two ways;
- Transporting cars from the state of Indiana to overseas locations.
- Importing vehicles from overseas to locations in the inland US.
Why you need an American Buffington Harbor auto transporter
When shipping vehicles from overseas locations to the port of Buffington Harbor, you have two options. The first option is to hire an auto transporter based on the country the car is currently located. Such a shipper will bring your vehicle to the port, but cannot transport it further than that as they are not licensed in the US. So, you will have to hire another shipper to transport the vehicle from the port to your destination in the US.
The second option is to hire an American-based company that ships from the overseas location to the port. On arrival at the port, the same company will transport the vehicle from the port to your destination in the US. This option is cheaper and saves you from the hassle of having to hire two auto car carriers.
Get a free, no obligation to buy, price quote for your shipment.Get my free quote now
or call us to do it for you:
Why use our services
A-1 Auto Transport is an American-based company that offers international auto shipping from the US to overseas and vice versa. We have experience shipping cars to or from port of Buffington Harbor. Some of the advantages of using our services include;
- Nation-wide coverage. We ship cars to all states in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii. So, after your car arrives at the port we can deliver it to any location. We also have storage facilities in major cities should you need temporary storage of the car before or after shipping.
- Door-to-door service. When you choose this service, we will pick up the car from its current location and transport it through the port and deliver it to any destination. The service is very convenient if you do not have the time to drive the car to or from the port.
- Satellite tracking. Safety is a major concern when shipping your vehicle. That is why we provide satellite tracking of our shipments so you can know where your car is all through the shipping duration.
- Affordable rates. We offer very affordable domestic and international shipping rates.
- We transport all types of vehicles. We transport sedans, trucks, classic cars, sports cars, ATVs, RVs, watercrafts, motorbikes, and all other types of vehicles. We use the right equipment to ensure your car arrives safely to its destination.
Call us now for a free quote more information about shipping cars to or from port of Buffington Harbor.