Relocating can be a stressful event for so many different reasons. Hiring a professional shipping company in the City of Petersburg is the most valuable way to carefully transport a motorcycle.
Before your bike ever leaves its storage, a skilled transport specialist will evaluate the condition of the motorcycle and ensure that is properly prepped for the long journey.
In most cases, your vehicle won’t be the only bike being hauled out of the city at one time. The driver might have to make several stops before he arrives at your location so make sure to stick to the deadlines. You can save yourself a lot of grief by taking care of a small checklist before the day of transport is to begin.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to Prepare for the Shipping Day.
- Check the gas reading. If there is more than 1/4 of a tank, drive around until it reads 1/4 or lower.
- If you have any lose objects hanging from the bike, remove them and transport them in a separate container.
- If your motorcycle has an alarm system, make sure to turn it off or give the transport driver instructions on how to disable the alarm to prevent it from going off.
- Check the bike for leaks.
- Top off the fluids and check the tire pressure.
Think about the Safest Way to Ship the Bike.
There is more than just one way to transport a motorcycle, but when it comes to your personal standards and the needs of your bike, you might want to choose wisely. Usually, people will transport their bikes on an open carrier. However, if your motorcycle is of great value or a classic, the best option is having is sent to its destination in an enclosed container.
Motorcycle Shipping: Tips & Frequently Asked Questions
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?