New London Motorcycle Shipping
Safe And Reliable New London Motorcycle Shipping Services By A-1 Auto Transport
Motorcycle shipping is an arm of shipping that has been given a blind eye for quite a long time. Since the establishment of A-1 Auto Transport, many riding enthusiasts in New London became relieved of the burden of riding bikes to far-away destinations and at times the motorcycles are faulty. Many factors led to the formation of A-1 Auto Transport, and examples are:
- The weather factors. It is risky and almost impossible to ride in the storms. Bikes get shipped in trailers that can withstand the storm.
- After getting involved in accidents, bikes get written off. They must be shipped for repairs.
- Health conditions like spine injuries can deter motorcyclists from operating their bikes. As such, they need a shipping method to transport their bikes.
Different methods we can use to ship your motorcycle
- Enclosed shipping method is mainly sought after by clients looking to ship bikes to far locales. Covered trailers are the vessels for facilitating the moves.
- Crated shipping method is a very secure option for motorbike shipping. Here wooden pallets are built and the bikes get strapped in them.
- Open shipping method is a budget shipping option and we use it mostly during short moves. We use open-air and lowboy trucks, as well as flatbeds for moving.
How to prepare your motorcycle for shipping
- Washing motorcycles is considered the most important step of preparations. It is easier to examine a clean motorbike. The marks and damages are easily noticed. Also the process at the customs will be smooth.
- Note down in form of writing the flaws you discover. With this, you can be sure of having a seamless encounter with the insurers when making claims.
- To cement your evidence of the pre-shipping conditions, take a handful photos. Take them from every possible angle.
- Use a good mechanic to perform further inspections of the engine and general operation. They should fix the defects in need be.
- Acquire an insurance coverage if you have none. This adds more protection to the motorbike.
- The travel papers, for example bank transfers, licenses, and the logbooks, should be handed over to the shippers.
- All personal effects, aftermarket accessories, and protruding parts should be removed. Keep the private items safe and ship the protruding parts packed in separate chests.
- The fuel in the tank should be quarter-way or less.
- The tire pressure should be enough to withstand the shaking of your motorbikes.
What to look for in a motorcycle shipping company
- Experience is always the best teacher. It is recommendable to hire shipping firms that have been in existence for many years – 20+ years will do. Their services prove to be better when compared to new companies because they have made several mistakes and perhaps come up with innovative solutions.
- Request for quotes from potential shippers. If they charge you for estimates, that is a red flag. The quotations also should be within the range of prices in the market. Very low prices are a sign of a scam and very high prices is extortion.
- When sourcing for shipping services, you are likely to expect various options to choose from. You cannot afford to ship a fragile custom bike on a flatbed. Work only with shippers that can design custom packages. The packages should entail moving methods and delivery methods.
- Consider the presence of the shippers before signing on the dotted line. They must have offices in every city where they market their services in adding to the virtual presence. This brings a greater sense of trust between shippers and customers.
Why you should use A-1 Auto Transport for your motorcycle shipping needs
- The Federal Highway Authority has licensed and bonded us. We also are members of the American Movers and Storage Association. With these, our clients feel safer and loyalty is guaranteed. Choose us as your official shipper today!
- You do not have to stress about motorcycles getting damaged when A-1 Auto Transport handles them. This is because we have a comprehensive insurance coverage. Our indemnity policy will get you covered for a range of damages from fires, theft, damage from bad weather and vandalism.
- We have truck drivers who are dedicated to their job. They have lots of experience in operating wide road trucks. They are very keen and watchful while they are on the roads to avoid careless accidents.
- Our reviews can tell you that we are the best in shipping. Check out what our New London customers say regarding our services. Even though we are not perfect, the testimonials show that we have more good deeds than wrongs.
Our New London motorcycle shipping services
- Non-paid estimates.
- Non-paid advice.
- Insurance policy included in the final price tag.
Talk to us!
Pick your phone and dial 1-800-452-2880. We are waiting to book you in today!