Long Distance Heavy Equipment Movers
The process of shipping heavy equipment long distances requires the help of a professional heavy equipment mover. It’s important that the transport company owns all the right shipping equipment and technology to safely ship your heavy equipment. There are many different ways to properly ship heavy equipment depending on what it is, so make sure you provide the transporter with the correct information while you’re on the phone receiving a quote and setting up your heavy equipment’s transport.
Common Pieces of Heavy Equipment Often Shipped through Movers
- Farm equipment
- Hydraulic forklifts
- Heavy industrial tools
- Construction machinery
- Used or inoperable machinery
- Heavy trucks
- Engineering equipment
Popular Ways to Ship Heavy Equipment Long Distances
- The RO/RO method is a popular and inexpensive way to ship heavy equipment overseas to another nation. A flatbed ship is the vessel used but there are some height and weight restrictions.
- Flat rack shipping is a method used often to deliver boats, RVs and other pieces of heavy equipment on a flat rack. This open-air method is favorable due to its cheaper shipping rates and ability to transport all kinds of equipment, machinery and large, heavy motor vehicles.
- If the equipment you’re transporting can fit into a shipping container then you may want container shipping services for further safety precautions. Since it is sheltered in the container, it stays safe from poor weather conditions and other outside elements that may harm it.
- The LO/LO method is best used for shipping non-operable vehicles, engines, farm equipment, and other types of heavy equipment. A crane lifts the cargo and places it atop a ship or flatbed trailer.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory